Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xr400 cam

Hybrid View

Xr400 cam

I read somewhere that the Xr400 cam is a good cam for a 400ex.What do you think of this cam??.Thats is a drop in cam right?Do you think that this cam can compete with Hotcam,Webcam camshaft??

Because I know that when Honda put the Xr400 engine in the 400ex,the have changed the cam and the timing.Then do you think that this cam will wake up my ex?
    08 Suzuki LTR450R, Yosh/ProTaper/ASV/Douglas/Fox Shocks/AtvFourPlay/Factory 43/

Up someone know this im sure

should wake it up a bit because they always downgrade the quad engine from the bike one

Someone can compare it to a Hotcam or Webcam?!?

If your gonna go with a drop in at least opt for a Honda HRC, TC or even a hotcam.

The XR cam is still pretty mild.

Your better off going with say a stage 1 hotcam, its still a drop in, it has more ummph, and they are much easier to come by than the xr cams.
    M-Dub

Quadless as of now
    05 KLX110 - some stuff
    01 ZR600 - bone stock
    1992 LT80 - pitquad I guess?

So far the people that have SCREWED me on here:
    powerband
    and yamablaster24 more yamablaster24

Remember every time you run wheel spacers or flipped rims... god kills a kitten

"The best you have ridden is the best you know" Paul Thede- RaceTech

Ignorance is NOT bliss -- it's embarrassing and counter-productive

Experience is a tough teacher she gives the test first the lesson afterwards

RIP 606

Does my dealer can order me a HRC cam for my 400??Because Im from canada and I dont think that sevicehonda work and I dont want to buy on the net.Where this cam produce is power??What is the price of this cam?How do you compare it with Hotcam/Webcam cams?

Originally posted by FoxMxRiders
    Does my dealer can order me a HRC cam for my 400??Because Im from canada and I dont think that sevicehonda work and I dont want to buy on the net.Where this cam produce is power??What is the price of this cam?How do you compare it with Hotcam/Webcam cams?
    I think the HRC cams are somewheres in the $350 price range, but are a great cam. Hotcam is still the best value in my opinion.
    M-Dub

Quadless as of now
    05 KLX110 - some stuff
    01 ZR600 - bone stock
    1992 LT80 - pitquad I guess?

So far the people that have SCREWED me on here:
    powerband
    and yamablaster24 more yamablaster24

Remember every time you run wheel spacers or flipped rims... god kills a kitten

"The best you have ridden is the best you know" Paul Thede- RaceTech

Ignorance is NOT bliss -- it's embarrassing and counter-productive

Experience is a tough teacher she gives the test first the lesson afterwards

RIP 606

HRC would be my first choice, followed by a hotcam (never thought id recommend hotcam but they have fixed the earlier issues)
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

Dont waste time with the Xr400 cam. Get the Hotcam Stage 1 if you like low end power and the Stage 2 if you want it up top. Easy drop in cam and can be bought new for $110 on Ebay all day.
    96 KX250
    86 Asphalt 330R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast