Thread: it is a kazuma somthing

it is a kazuma somthing

hi guys i am brand new here so take it easy on me i just turned 15 and i have had a 160 suzuki and now recently a freind of ours gave us (for free) two kazumas i know the one is a 125 thats my sisters and the other is a utility quad but i dont what cc it is or what model it is to check but i run it like a race quad and it is actually pretty fast my dad cut the mufflers apart and changed some stuff up in there for more power and we picked up like 10 mph so now it runs in the 40+ range but since i am 15 i dont have the money to buy a real race worthy quad and i was wodering if you guys had a few tuning tips that we could do this one to get it running faster

thanks

I raced a Kazuma Dingo 150 Utility. Here are some lessons learned.

Fabricate a battery box. The plastic battery box will bust after a few jumps.

J B Weld the hubs onto the axle. The hub has too much play and will break the axle if you don't do this. I guarantee it.

Reinforce the steering stops by welding gussets to them. Otherwise the stops will bend and once they bend too far your wheels will lock all the way in one direction and you can't straighten them back unless you get off the quad and give them a swift kick.

Honda 300EX shocks can be modified to work on the fronts. You have to cut the eyelets down to about half their normal size with a hack saw.

If you going to do a lot of jumping you will have to reinforce both top and bottom rear shock mounts. Also fill in the lower reverse gearbox mount with pieces of metal and J B Weld for reinforcement.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GNCC #309 2006 Bombardier 800 H.O. EFI
    Father of GNCC #312 2001 Honda 300EX

omg.....If you race that thing you got some balls
    V-Twin King Quad