Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cutting down a yoshimura exhaust???

cutting down a yoshimura exhaust???

i wanted to cut down my yoshimura exhaust on my 400 and was wondering are there any benifits to doing this or is it bad to do it.
    if so wat r the benifits/declines of doin this and will you have to change the jets or adjust the fuel mixture screw after cutting it down. thanks

it will be louder for sure.. and will have more low end power ( i think )

why would you wanna cut up a yoshi?
    02' Silver 440ex
    Full P&P, Edelbrock Doug Eichner 440 carb, Motoworks SR4, Hotcams, Wiseco 11:1, Hotrods...

Mt. Carmel, Illinois (Southern Mt. Carmel!!!)
    you'll be much much louder, and its more top end power. So if you ride trails or mx i prob. wouldnt do it.
    2006 Yellow/Black Fox/Walsh MX LT-R

Special Thanks to my 2011 Sponsors. Team Morehead Motorsports Media AllStars, Dan Schonert Statefarm Insurance

i always thought the shorter the more bottom end power and less top end???
    Red 03 400ex
    HMF Slip-on/K&N Air Filter/outerwear/ Front RAZR2's, Rear RAZR's/AC mudscreen bumper/AC belly skid/AC Pro Pegs Nerfs/PRO-TECH swinger skid/PBI 14 tooth front sprocket/Tinner air scoops/TAG X-5 bars/NACS pb block off plate/Pro design Kill Switch/Front Burgard Beadlocks/Cycra Handguards/RTC Clutch lever..

Yamaha PW80

91 S-10 ext.cab 4X4

AOL/AIM=Peader24

ive always read that the shorter the faster, and the vise versa. But you could be right. I wouldnt do it ne way, to much money for a yoshi pipe.

Special Thanks to my 2011 Sponsors. Team Morehead Motorsports Media AllStars, Dan Schonert Statefarm Insurance

not trying to insult anyone or anything but lets think abnout it. what creats torque and bottom end with an exhaust, backpressure, the more back pressure you have the more bottom end you have, no when you cut the silencer you are create more air flowand less back pressure so you get more top end

so whats the deal w/ tc exhaust...its so short but gives off so much bottom end...and also i went to open practice last wensday and some guy was running a chopped fmf, and a chopped t-4...

alot of people cut down fmf's b/c their to damn long. And the other guy may have cut down the t4 b/c he thought it was cool The TC pipe prob. has the proper amount of back fpressure and can allready be that short. And with other pipes, their made longer with the same amount of back pressure as a TC would, maybe not the same, but you get the point. Then when you cut them down that back presure goes out the window and you dont have the advantage that it had when it was the length it was supposed to be. I donno, im prob. wrong, but i think thats how it goes.

so can anyone give a list of the pros and cons of cutting down an exhaust?
    2004 400EX
    EBC heavy duty clutch
    had to replace the clutch after everyone in my family glazed it, and nobody told me about until last week, which is when I rode it after riding bikes for many months.

1973 RD350
    restoration project

pros-screaming top end power

cons- no bottom end,, loud, premature wear on your motor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast