Today I went riding with my girlfriend and some other friends. We stopped on the trails to wait up for some people on a Sportsman and when we went to start the Predator up, nothing happened. I checked to make sure the key and switch was on but it still didn't fire. So I figured some connections were loose on the battery because it had been fine ever since they got it. I kneel down to look at the battery and it's gone! The negative and positive wires were hanging down with the negative still attached to the top of the battery, the rest was gone. There was also battery acid sprayed all over the underside of the fender and tire. A couple hundred feet back was the rest of the battery, looked like it was ripped in half from the inside.

Has anyone ever heard of this?? I did a search on here in this section, but maybe I should've tried a more extensive search throughout the forum. We're just trying to figure out why the battery did this, it doesn't seem like it's possible that anything hit it and busted it open, because there really isn't any way for a rock of that size to be kicked up there. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.