Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: all around 4x4

IMO, POLARIS SUCKS get a honda

yea scrambler 500 or 400. They're fast, they do great in the mud. I've made it through stuff grizzleys were gettin stuck in. they have some pretty goo dpower for having fun. auto tranny works good.
    " Hi my name is Peter, I'll be your nipples"

let me get this straight, your honda has 1.6 liters, whereas my bottle of mountain dew has 2?

FOR SALE-5500 OBO
    1994 Chevy S10- SFA, racerunner coilovers up front, d44 front, '79 f150 rear, 4.88 gearing front and rear, detoit lockers front and rear, 35" BFG M/Ts, ricer seats , some sorta pioneer head unit, some sorta amp, will have 2 10" subs, soon to be a v8, custom dual exhaust fabbed by me, altezza taillights, nice tonneu, brush guard, custom fiberglass flares from previous owner

FOR SALE- 3000 OBO

2005 Z400- 13 tooth front sprocket, twist throttle, FMF Slip on , pro armor nerfs, pro taper countour bars, custom ounted ignition switch and idiot lights.

Where quads go depends a lot on the rider. I have never been outdone by a Polaris or any other brand, but I compete as well so I actually know how to ride.

You can take a good rider and slap him on a 300 Honda and he can sometimes outride a guy on a grizz that doesn't know what he's doing.

60% bike and 40% driver is what I say.
    2004 Grizzly with 24" ground clearance

For pictures and videos check out http://www.atvmudmania.com

Another thing to look for is ease to work on when needed. I don't see the Honda Utes fairing well in this catagory. The longitudally mounted engine/ tranny looks like a pain in the butt to work on. Any the Hydro trannies are even worse.
    Now it is too soon to tell yet, but the new crop of EFI machines may be a little difficult as well. If I work on a machine not getting fuel, I can tear the carb off, and see what is wrong if anything. With EFI.....Did anyone bring their Laptop? Sure you got injectors and such, but few know about the workings enough to repair them.
    Belt drives are great, as there are way less gears inside when the cases need split. And belts are fairly simple. (Just have access to a spare just in case)
    My next machine will probably be a Kawi Vtwin of some sort, I think.
    Rider11x

2001 Honda 400ex XC Racer (SOLD)

2006 Yamaha Grizzly Realtree Camo

*Donegal Yamaha and Polaris*
    ****Tell them I sent ya!*****

Originally posted by MudMonsterGrizz
    Where quads go depends a lot on the rider. I have never been outdone by a Polaris or any other brand, but I compete as well so I actually know how to ride.

You can take a good rider and slap him on a 300 Honda and he can sometimes outride a guy on a grizz that doesn't know what he's doing.

60% bike and 40% driver is what I say.
    You are right about that, but I'd say it's much more like 80/20 except in drag racing.
    Rider11x

2001 Honda 400ex XC Racer (SOLD)

2006 Yamaha Grizzly Realtree Camo

*Donegal Yamaha and Polaris*
    ****Tell them I sent ya!*****

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123