Thread: Question bout front 400EX plastic.

Thumbs up Question bout front 400EX plastic.

On my 400EX the lights got real loose so i took them out. On some race 400EX's i've seen the 250R hood on them. Do you have to speically fit with a saw or anything? I want to get rid of the headlight manifold.

On ebay they sell the carbonman hood, that removes the light and gives a 250r look. I have also seen some that look like what you want but have an additional hood scoop to cool the oil cooler.. don't know where to get that one.

dont know nuttin about using a real 250r hood sorry
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

im pretty sure u can put a 250r hood on a 400ex. it doesnt look like you would think.

The 250r hood shouldnt be too hard to fit, may have to drill holes to mount it in your stock plastic, but no big deal at all. You can also get 400ex hoods frm quadcentral, the carbon fiber ones, which look SWEET, especially the hood scoop ones.