Thread: Something Slipping

Something Slipping

My cousin has a 2001 raptor660 and it feels like its slipping and somethin gisnt catching right. He thinks its the clutch which is possible but there is no problem changing gears its just not catching. I thought with the problems that the 2001 had with it tranny that it would be the transmission. any good idea? Thanks.

you would know if you had a tranny prob more than likely. when all gears are slipping (top gears may be less noticable unless you bang on those too) i would agree with the clutch personally. if you have it engaged and hammer it, but you dont go anywhere like you should, that is pretty much a dead give away
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tater_kamik/my_photos

http://www.myspace.com/tater_kamik

01's had a problem with 2nd and 3rd gear falling out.....start her up in nutueral and click it up...try pulling out in 2nd, if nothing happends and it feels like you are still in nuteural then you need the tranny upgrade kit oem installed for about 800 bucks
    ****looking for a pit-bike or just something to screw around on around $500-$600 let me know what you got

'00 416 champ
    - you know...all the goodies MX ready

2002 Raptor
    - motion pro twist throttle kit
    -Pro taper raptor bend bars
    -Dixo carbon fiber hood
    -IMS bumper
    -holeshot xcr fronts, razrs in the back
    -Prm grab bar
    ......and thats about it, more to come

"if it seems you have everything under control, your not going fast enough"

Famous words "Hey guys, watch this!"

Originally posted by 660WickedRappy
    01's had a problem with 2nd and 3rd gear falling out.....start her up in nutueral and click it up...try pulling out in 2nd, if nothing happends and it feels like you are still in nuteural then you need the tranny upgrade kit oem installed for about 800 bucks
    agreed.....01 just plain old suck, end of story

my $.02
    '00 416ex 11:1
    Hmf, JE, Lsr, tag, fullbore, works, Denton, Hotcam, Ac, Dg, hinson, Prm, msr, douglas

'88 265R
    LRD Jeremiah Jones 265 motor, Laeger flip top protrax and alot lot more...way too much money stuck into this thing

'85 ATC 330r-fastest thing i have ever rode in my life!
    *****owned in the family since new, less than 40hrs on entire machine, brand new 330 motor kit and ported out of its mind!

'02 raptor 660
    Xc beast - and the most reliable quad i have had yet!

A man must have his toys....

"If it seems that you have everything under control....you arnt going fast enough"