Thread: Rear Plastics

Rear Plastics

My rear plastics have torn loose on my 05 pred, where the two bolts go through the plastic into heel guard. Both holes have torn to the point that they are larger than the bolt and just flap in the wind. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any fix other than buying new plastics? I bought some 2 inch washers and was thinking I'd put them through it and paint them to match the plastic for now.

Sounds like warranty work to me. did you put nerf bars on and tighen it to much? or roll it? if not warranty should cover that.

thats a common problem, we had both sets of plastics do that.. I ended up buying fullbore and never had that issue again...
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

I did roll it once, and I think the other one tore from being on the back of the trailer without being covered. I put Pro Armor nerf bars with heel guards on, si I guess it's possible I tighened it too much also. I guess I'll stick with the washer idea for now, and will probably replace the plastics down the road.

it don't look the best but i used washers to get the in place and put bolts with loctite rather than the torx screws!!

I bought a can of spray paint today that's the same color as my plastics. Hopefully once I paint the washers, they wont look too bad.

Does Maier make plastic to fit the Preds? I know some other companys do. I saw some really cool plastic on a yfz450 in Dirt wheels magazine the September issue. It's the cross country style, with mud guards down the sides ,but when I went to the Maier website I couldn't find it for the Pred.
    2005 f350 crew cab 4x4 long bed 6.0 diesel amarillo package screaming yellow 2005 polaris predator Le ims footpegs ims heel guards ac nerfbars outerwares shock covers 2006 yamaha yfz450 (2) honda trx250ex (4) dogs (2) kids

Originally posted by bigstud
    Does Maier make plastic to fit the Preds? I know some other companys do. I saw some really cool plastic on a yfz450 in Dirt wheels magazine the September issue. It's the cross country style, with mud guards down the sides ,but when I went to the Maier website I couldn't find it for the Pred.
    Maier does NOT make any for the preddys .

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play

Thanks for info.
    2005 f350 crew cab 4x4 long bed 6.0 diesel amarillo package screaming yellow 2005 polaris predator Le ims footpegs ims heel guards ac nerfbars outerwares shock covers 2006 yamaha yfz450 (2) honda trx250ex (4) dogs (2) kids

Originally posted by bigstud
    Thanks for info.
    your welcome

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!