Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hero on the Down Side

Hero on the Down Side

This past weekend a group of us went to Hatfield McCoy trails in West Virginia. Including Ex'r Marlin. We were all racing around and had a great day of rain Saturday. We were soaked, but had a blast. On Sunday, we hit a different trail head. The weather was a whole lot nicer, just a little muddy. We had planned to ride down to the town of Gilbert, which is about 2 hours from the trail head. In Gilbert you can ride on the streets and go to the gas station and fuel up and get some lunch. Well on the way there. I took the lead out of the 4 of us. There was a total of about 18. There is 4 of us that always ride together. About 45 minutes into the ride I cut sidewall out of my front tire and had to nurse it back in. So while I am plugging it, 2 of my buddies pass. But no Ex'r Marlin. So I told them to go on and I would find him and get this tire replace and play catch up. On the way back I found him lying on the side of the trail. He had missed a turn went about a 100 feet off the side of the mountain. He manage somehow to climb back up to the trail. ( I had trouble doing this uninjured.) We doubled back to the trail head and called 911 from my cell. The ambulance pick him up and took to a trauma center about an hour away after he was stable. He had collapsed a lung and shattered his knee cap. He is very lucky and so is the bike, very little damage. By the way the bike hit a tree about 12 feet off the ground at the bottom. I will post pics of the bike at a later date. Here is a pic the him being loaded up. I am sure he would appreciate any encouragement you guys could give him. It sounds like he will be in WV for about 3 more days. Let this be a reminder that gravity hurts. Be careful out there. Get well soon Mr. Marlin.
    Ex'rMike
    Attached Images Attached Images

I wish him best of luck in getting better. Thats the thing I hated most about trail riding! And thats why I dont trail ride anymore,,, too much to worry about with alot of people.
    2000 Roll/Laeger's/Houser/Axis 416ex

2001 Arens/Laeger's/PEP 250r

Thanks to my sponsors for 2003 : 00-Buck ATV Racing, Team Pompton, Nebulae Race Team, Milton Inn Packaged Goods, Napa Auto Parts of Oak Ridge, Sick Style Racing, WD-40, Hinson Racing, IMS, Sport Center Racing, and Nac's racing

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports for all there help and support they gave me.

We are now accepting resumes, this is a New Jersey based team. westsyder50@hotmail.com
    http://www.geocities.com/sickstyleatv/index.html

Team Rcokford Fosgate 401+ northeast champ 147.7db

Dang man....thanks for a sobering reminder. All of us that like to ride fast need to realize the danger involved, all it takes is meeting someone else who's flying from the opposite direction to turn into a bad situation...

Is he still comin to Nebraska in a few weeks?
    C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

SOLD ---------- SOLD

2001 400ex, JE 416 10.8:1, Hotcams Stage 2 Cam, C&D Racing Port and Polish, Viton Valve seals, 39mm FCR Carb, Complete Curtis Sparks X-6 Exhuast, Sparks Timing Key, Magnum Rev Limiter, Sparks 8 Plate Clutch, Race Cut Fenders with CarbonFiber Hood with Scoop w/ mesh insert, Magura Hydrolic Clutch, Steel braided clutch line, Holeshots MX Rear on Red Labels, Holeshot MX Front on Red Labels, K&N Air Filter with Prefilter, ShockWears, AC Skid Plate, and Polished Propeg Nerfs, TAG X-5 Bars, Kill Switch, DR Blockoff Plate, OMF Radiator Shrouds, Elka Triple Rate SSD, Rear Elka Rebuild, +2 Houser a-arms (HammerTone and Chrome), Lonestar Axcaliber 2 + 2 axle, Polished Motor Mounts and Sidecase, DR number plates, PEP Steering Stabilizer.

C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

Tell him to get better for me. I wanted to go riding with him soon at Tower City. But even being hurt he has a smile on his face, as usual. Get better marlin!

Mike
    -2001 300ex-
    -1999 400ex-

I think he got out of the hospitol today(6-5-02). He said his plans of going to Nebraska were canceled by this incident. Hey Mike..... All of Marlins riding buddies are up for Tower City anytime. Let me know. I have a lot of work to do to get Marlins bike back together for him, but I think I can manage a ride sometime over the next couple weeks. Talk to you guys later. Thanks for the support!
    -Ex'r Mike

Alright cool. Make sure to keep us updated if he doesn't get back on the computer soon.
    -2001 300ex-
    -1999 400ex-

Wish your buddy the best of luck!Does your speed shop have a web site Mike?

sorry bout the leg marlin...get better soon.
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

Nope..... No web site. I primarly work on 400exs in the area. My buddies call my garage Brown's Speed Shop. I seem to keep all thier quads running good and fast. Last week I put a 416 in Ex'r Marlins quad. It was running awesome!
    Ex'r Mike

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast