Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YZF or Predator ?

YZF or Predator ?

Hey guy's

I'm getting a new quad this week and I can't decide. I have been riding a lightly modified 400EX for the last four years and want to take the next step in technology. I was originally going to stick with Honda but the headlight styling, and kickstart turned me off. I ride mainly cross country stuff, but I do occaisonally tackle a MX track. I like the power, styling, and suspension of both the YFZ, and the Predator. What are the ups, and downs of each? Reccomendations, technical knowledge, and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

they are both very good choices for what you want, so im gonna sum it up for ya

a yfz, will treat you well for your mx and hard cross country racing, but just trail riding it will be to stiff to enjoy, and the seat will make your *** feel like you spent your night in a prison shower without any soap on a rope, other than that, it is probably top dog here

the predator will also be good for racing, it will do great in the cross country, but for mx, they are a little heavy, but they kick a yfz *** all up and down through the trails, and xc racing stock for stock, they are also much much more comfortable than a yfz, you can cruise all day, and you will still be comfy in the seat

i hope this helped you some
    +Jeremy D'ambrosio+

Thanks. I really like the YFZ, but the TLD Predator might be the winner.

Make sure you get the tld or LE models because that Fox suspension is worth every penny.

I will echo what 05Predle said, Get the LE or the TLD! The podium series shocks make ALL the difference.

Plus one thing the Pred has that the Yfz doesn't.......Reverse. I don't miss it, but it sure would be nice to have sometimes.
    Thanks to my 2010 sponsors/supporters:
    CV4
    BNR Motorsports
    GT Thunder
    Spider Grips
    Scott USA
    Powermadd

"I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me"

I've been riding for 13 years and never had reverse, does it actually come in handy on a sport quad? Is the added weight of the Predator a hindering factor? Is there aftermarket support for the Predator like the Honda's and Yamaha's? I'm assuming if I purchase the TLD Predator I will notice a large performance difference between it and my current 400EX.

Thanks for all the help guys.

I am coming from riding a 250r most of my life and obvioulsy never had reverse on a sport quad but after having it now I would never get one without it. Saturday I counted and used reverse 16 times while riding in the trails. Now Mx, you would probably never use it. The pred is way faster than 400ex, even a modded one. The only time I notice the weight diffenece between my pred and 250r (80lbs diff) is when moving it in the garage. and now there is plenty of aftermarket parts for the pred such as borekits, exhausts, cdi boxes, pipes,carbs, that you get a ton of horsepower if you feel you need more. I doubt you will want anything more than a pipe and filter combo.

Man, I should never have doubted my YFZ decision Now I'm leaning toward the Predator Should I buy the Troy Lee or the Special Edition, and why?

if you ride your trails in 5th all the time I would get the LE if not the TLD.

Originally posted by 1BadRubicon
    Man, I should never have doubted my YFZ decision Now I'm leaning toward the Predator Should I buy the Troy Lee or the Special Edition, and why?
    You've had a few people give their opinion. Thats all we can really do for ya. Its your decision. Go with either one. I can guarentee you which ever one you get you'll be happy with it.

The only difference between the LE and the TLD is the close ratio transmission.
    Thanks to my 2010 sponsors/supporters:
    CV4
    BNR Motorsports
    GT Thunder
    Spider Grips
    Scott USA
    Powermadd

"I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast