Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ST. Anthony Dunes

ST. Anthony Dunes

Hey everyone! I just got back from St. Anthony, Idaho and I want to tell you those dunes rock!! If anyone wants to take an awesome trip I would reccomend this place. We drove a thousand miles one way and we're gonna do it again next year. Just for everyones info, I took my bone stock 400EX geared down one tooth in front with straight paddles. If you run a stock motor I would reccomend gearing down one more tooth in front. That sand really robs power. I could not hang with my Banshee,Raptor, and Quadracer 250 riding buddies when the hills got tall. If anyone else has been to St. Anthony on their EX and can tell about some of their motor mods and how they worked I'd really appreciate it.

So how was climbing Devils DUne and CHoke Cherry??? Those are pretty nasty climbs huh>
    I think if that place was closer to me Id ride there every weekend.
    Let me know how your bike handled those hills.

St. Anthony is my favorite place. Difinately the toughest hillclimbs I have ever seen.

Did you make it up the tall dunes like Chokecherry and Devil's Dune?

Check my site for lots of pics of the place. (Here's one of my favorites)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2000 Banshee with all the bolt-ons
    1995 Warrior
    WyoDuner's Dune Review Site - Now with SAND DUNING Forums

I had a buddy of mine go there with his stock 400, no paddles. His brother and friends were riding mostly 250R's. Of course he could not keep up with them and landed in the hospital with a lump in his back. He said the place is pretty cool though.

going down a tooth on your front sprocket? That would make it worse you would gain more speed but less torque. No wounder it just "robs the power" lol
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

no, going down a tooth on the front would give you more torque, less speed..
    2002 Yellow 400ex

Body
    Renthal 14 tooth, LSR e-brake block off, Speed EZ Pull Clutch Lever, Pro Design kill switch, Renthal Handle Bars, Trail Tech Speedometer, AC Pro Pegs and Bumper, Houser +2 A-Arms, Elka Tripple Rates w/ rezzies, Elka shock covers, Razr MX's front and back, douglas ultimate beadlocks, Fastline Breaklines, Lonestar Axle.

Motor
    J&E 12.5:1 piston, custom cam, valve springs, hardened rockers, race port\polish. Yoshi pipe, K&N jet kit and air filter.

STQRA Amature #6
    My Quad Site

I could only make it about two thirds the way up devils dune and about half way up chokecherry. I'm going in April though and I will gurantee I make it up both of them. My little EX is going to get a serious motor massage!

Drop a tooth? Get more power. Banshees rock the sand due to wheel speed. I went to a 14 and saw 2 changes. Wheelies into low 3rd and top speed dropped. I don't think its worth it.
    Mods: K&N, Jets (42 pilot 172 main and needle raised), No air box lid, TC Racing GNCC Cam, JE 425 11:1 piston, Big Gun full exhaust, PRM skids, Renthal Bars, DG alloy nerfs, Custom Grab Bar, 22x11" RAZOR 6 ply's, 20" Sand Skate 2s, 18x11" Tamers, Hoosiers and A whole can of Whoopass.

http://65.121.190.196/scott/index.html

FOR SALE! g/f's pregnant...... Wifes Pissed!

Flyinred is rite, I put on a 14t sprocket for the sand and really all it helped me on was low end torque. But i dont think it helped me out in such a dramatic way that my 15t couldnt have done. Im putting the 15 t back on and leaving it on.
    Besides for the sand I honestly dont think there is anything better than a Banshee.
    Flyinred lets go trade our in next weekend. LOL
    Rhan
    Yes your new 450R just got beat by this 416!!!

416 EX, Trinity Racing pro Port and Polish, 39mm FCR Carb bored and tapered by Holeshot motorsports,TAG Bars,Stage 2 cam , +4" Swingarm by Sandragon Motorsports, 22x11x10 Haulers ITP Holeshots, WB Rev kit,K&N Filter, no airbox lid, Curtis Sparks X6,, ,ITP Holeshots, Laker Custom plastic, RIS design bumper, Cascade Innovations Seat
    2000 Banshee,

awesome

This place sounds awesome. I really wanna go to some dunes. Do you guys think St. Anthonys would be better than glamis orany other sand dune place.
    Nick-What happend after you could make it up the hill anymore. Did you just jump of and let it roll down?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast