Thread: Help Please

Help Please

I have a Z400 and I recently replaced the stator on it. I had to take the flywheel off to get the broken hex screws out and clean it all out.

I installed everything back the way I think I took it out. Everything looks good but now it WON'T START.

I press the start button but all I hear is something spinning but is NOT TURNING THE ENGINE OVER. I also tried pull start but it didn't work.

My friend said that I might of put the one way bearing in backwards?

Can someone please help..

Thanks
    LTR450

does the nuetral light come on, if the stator is installed right and every thing you might have a blown fuse or some thing

Originally posted by yzfmxer
    does the nuetral light come on, if the stator is installed right and every thing you might have a blown fuse or some thing
    If I had a blown fuse it wouldn't do anything.Right?.All is doing is spinning when I press Start
    LTR450

yeah your one way bearing must be in backwards, causing your horn fluid to boil not allowing your starter gears to engage.

Originally posted by dunebuggie66
    yeah your one way bearing must be in backwards, causing your horn fluid to boil not allowing your starter gears to engage.
    Cool thanks..now all I need is to find a flywheel puller again..
    LTR450