Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2005 6 Hours, Rausch Creek - Team Stories

TEAM MBR
    Chad McCauslin
    Jason McCauslin
    Kyle McCauslin

This is Jason here First off this is one of the funniest races there is all year even with all the mud and man was it muddy the pics show it pretty good but its something you just have to experince to relize what its like. Well on to the race it was me and my two brothers on the team and after a year of competing against them its nice to race with them for once. Kyle started the race and after finaly getting the quad started he started the race near the back of the pack. During the first lap he got stuck on a log somewhere to put us even closer to the back. He came through the first time with just over 18 min lap. Stoped for new goggles and gloves and was on his way again. He ran the next three laps with out any major problems and stared to work his way up through the feild. Forth lap he pitted and we filled the gas tank wiped the grips seat and any other mud we could scrape off it(thanks to Creed and Andy for all there help). Now it was my turn to go out. After racing last year i thought I was pretty ready for this first lap. The track by this point was better then what i expected as long as you stayed online one wheel a little out of place and it just sucked you in. I did my four laps with no real problems other then the grips ripping loose and the usal goggle change. It was much better to be on a fourstroke unlike last years ride on a 250r. Next out was Chad. We were now up about mid pack in the feild and he was slowly picking riders off. He had the fastest lap of all us and put in 5 laps. Kyle went back out for his 4 and made the firts 2 no problems. The third was another story. As we waited and waited. We watched the other quads keep going by. after about 25 min we finaly saw him being towed in. After examing the quad we saw the head gasket had blown and ended our night. Disapointing by a great experance. So this race end up being about survival and not as much speed. So take what you can learn and get ready for the next one. We will defently be there.

ps
    Great coverage Harlen as always

Thumbs up 6 hour race

the 6 hour race was great,this was my first one and my team "the camo crew"took 2nd place in b class and 11th overall.i will be at the 12 hour for sure,my team and my polaris will be ready.

Team Redd - Open A
    Owen Kapalski
    Mark Thompson
    Stefanie Verkade

Well guys, I know this is kinda late considering the 12 hr is right around the corner. Our day was pretty much like everyone elses, wet and cold. We started out really strong off the start and where very consistent through out the race. Dark started to fall and our stock head lights with brighter bulbs were just not cutting it. So, as a team, we decided that taking 15mins out of the race to put Team Hertz lights on would be better than nothing. So, we borrowed there lights, helmet lights and helping hands and got us up and going in no time. The last lap, and I was up. Rolling throught the fog going up a hill the bike decided to stall. As I stood up to kick it the kicker wouldn't even move, I looked down the hill to see a guy coming straight for me and the flagger at the bottom of the hill not having any type of lights to shine on his flag to let them know I was there, THANK GOD for helmet lights!!! A track offical came to my rescue and pulled me up the hill and it bump started it, I knew our team was in HUGE trouble considering the quad had an auto clutch in it and you shouldn't beable to do that. I nursed it all the way to the finish line where it finally died. We finished 2nd in the A class and 6th overall!!! GREAT JOB TEAM!! I would like to that EVERYONE that pushed our bike up that slippery hill at the finish, who helped us through out the race, Team Hertz for your lights, Mark for letting us use your bike and Jan for working on the bike before and during the race!!
    06' Honda TRX450ER
    05' Honda TRX450R

GNCC #204 Womens Class
    District 6 Open A

Originally posted by quad_45
    Team Redd - Open A
    Owen Kapalski
    Mark Thompson
    Stefanie Verkade

Well guys, I know this is kinda late considering the 12 hr is right around the corner. Our day was pretty much like everyone elses, wet and cold. We started out really strong off the start and where very consistent through out the race. Dark started to fall and our stock head lights with brighter bulbs were just not cutting it. So, as a team, we decided that taking 15mins out of the race to put Team Hertz lights on would be better than nothing. So, we borrowed there lights, helmet lights and helping hands and got us up and going in no time. The last lap, and I was up. Rolling throught the fog going up a hill the bike decided to stall. As I stood up to kick it the kicker wouldn't even move, I looked down the hill to see a guy coming straight for me and the flagger at the bottom of the hill not having any type of lights to shine on his flag to let them know I was there, THANK GOD for helmet lights!!! A track offical came to my rescue and pulled me up the hill and it bump started it, I knew our team was in HUGE trouble considering the quad had an auto clutch in it and you shouldn't beable to do that. I nursed it all the way to the finish line where it finally died. We finished 2nd in the A class and 6th overall!!! GREAT JOB TEAM!! I would like to that EVERYONE that pushed our bike up that slippery hill at the finish, who helped us through out the race, Team Hertz for your lights, Mark for letting us use your bike and Jan for working on the bike before and during the race!!
    you guys gonna be at the 12 hour as well?
    Mx bike: '05 Walsh CRF450
    Xc bike: '06 TRX 450ER

Sponsors:
    Pompton Honda, Fly Racing, Laeger's Racing, Smith Optics, GT Thunder, Renthal, Regina Chains, SixSixOne, Cardio Stack, IMS Products, Twin Air, SunStar, Cycra, Amsoil and L.A. Sleeve
    Race Photos:
    http://www.LouRusso.SmugMug.com

Originally posted by QuadRacer041
    you guys gonna be at the 12 hour as well?
    Yup! U?
    06' Honda TRX450ER
    05' Honda TRX450R

GNCC #204 Womens Class
    District 6 Open A

Originally posted by quad_45
    Yup! U?
    Yup!
    doin it old school on a 250r,,,,,,,

Sponsors:
    Pompton Honda, Fly Racing, Laeger's Racing, Smith Optics, GT Thunder, Renthal, Regina Chains, SixSixOne, Cardio Stack, IMS Products, Twin Air, SunStar, Cycra, Amsoil and L.A. Sleeve
    Race Photos:

Originally posted by QuadRacer041
    Yup!
    doin it old school on a 250r,,,,,,,

Old school!!! we are too!!! ring ding ding!
    www.wesbolt.com
    www.atvriders.com
    RAGE ATV
    lonestarquadracing.com

Originally posted by jlhughes750
    Old school!!! we are too!!! ring ding ding!
    yea i know i saw that on the 12 website.
    cool

Sponsors:
    Race Photos:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123