Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Matt Bartosek Memorial Race" - Pymatuning Raceway

I didn't know if it was a car accident or what. That's sad to hear.
    Special Thanks
    2007 Season

ELKA Suspension

It wasn't a car accident MX#9 pretty much summed it up.
    Retired for now...
    Thanks to: Harding's Park Cycle, Capital Powdercoating, Slosh, Mom and Dad

Despite the weather, as usual this event was a great time...the racing was action filled and a good time to watch.. but my favorite part of this weekend was seeing the friendship..the gathering of fellow riders and "family". An awesome dinner..THANK YOU!..and a fun filled raffle..no-one went away without smiling this weekend (although we were slightly wet and muddy ... )

I got to watch Matt race on his 90 mod at Fox Raceway and then on up..it was awesome to watch him blow away many riders on the 250R's and bigger quads back then! And he always did seem to have the biggest smile at the track!

A great Thanks! to Deb and Jodi, Ed, Holeshot Raceway, and all the others who helped put this event on... And to Rick - for the veiwing of the ESPN Great Outdoor Challenge...where else a better place to watch it than with all our friends gathered around!

Can't wait to see the pics...

Sue

I'll never forget when we lost Matt.. How hard it was and how life just seemed to fall apart. I remember thinking that nothing good could come from this... That God was really punishing us for something...

This year was bittersweet for me. I finally decided to stop being mad, and really thank God for all that has come from this. Since Debi has set up The Matt Bartosek Memorial Fund, and began supporting the Mobile Medical Unit, you see and hear of countless people that have used it. And not only that... Matt brought so many of us together. The whole racing community came together as a family. I even met Rachel, My best friend, when Matt passed away as we helped eachother through it.. And every rider that does it out there for Matt every weekend..

This past weekend was so much more than a race... its a celebration. Its about this amazing person that we will NEVER forget...

And I have to add one last thing. Matt, if your listening up there, We all know you rain on every sad moment to rush us through it.. We get the point, so lets skip the rain next year!
    Christa Watson
    Webmaster of QuadGirls.com

I remember meetin Matt though Dave Diver in 02 we talked on the internet almost every chance we got and finally got to actually meet in person at HP he gave me this huge hug and just knew how to make me smile that whole weekend no matter where he was or who he was talkin to he would stop and say hi even if i was just walking by. when we were gettin ready to leave saturday nite he asked me if i wanted to go to dinner with him and his "crew" i turned it down which i regret up until this very day. when we were leaving on sunday he came over and talked to me just so i wouldnt have to help pack up gave me a hug and said see ya at the next national I didnt end up goin to anymore b/c i started college early but we still talked xmas of 02 i remember him asking me if i was goin to go to FL to watch everyone race i said yes and to save a spot for me he laughed and said not a problem but my friends bike wasnt ready in time so we never ended up goin the next thing i know is that i was gettin a phone call from John Natalie saying that Matt passed away earlier that day from a racing accident there isnt one day that goes by that i dont think of Matt. He was one of the nicest ppl that i have ever met and he will live on in our racing community forever.

Matt I know your reading this and I just wanted to say Thanks for everything and make sure the track is sweet so i can watch you race when i get up there with you buddy!

#88 forever!
    *Hugz & Kissez*
    Tiff

Congrats to the Championships John!!

RIP Matt & Goody!! Racing isnt the same without you both!

Matt Bartosek * 88 *

I grew up racing with Matt and he will forever be in my heart, thoughts and prayers.

I miss him so much.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The memorial race was once again carried on in great memories of the past with the added on title of "Summer Celebration"!

A deserving title for all of the racers and their family and friends that were in attendance!

The turnout was great and the company was even greater!

Everyone that was in attendance was there for the fun and stories with each other and to rekindle the memories that Matt had left with each and every group in attendance!

I have to give the Bartosek's all of the credit in the world for being there with a smile on their face all weekend! The loss of their son and a triumph of carrying on his dream through everything they do as just unheard of in these days!

Debi and the family held up very well and just wanted to make sure everyone was having fun! And I do believe that everyone did just that!

Even the rain that had fallen did not hamper any spirits!

To everyone that was part of the race this weekend thanks for the memories and the good time!

To those that had the part in donating and sponsoring the event a big thank you !

The Bartosek's hold a raffle every year for parts, gear and memoribilia from the GNC circuit!
    Each ticket costs a dollar and you have your choice of which donated prize you want to put your ticket towards!
    This year the raffled off prizes included:
    Signed Chad Reed Jersey, Complete set of Douglas Rims, Ogio Gear Bag, ITP Holeshot Tires, Autographed Helmet from every Pro Ridr in the GNC Circuit, JB Swing Arm, JB A-Arms, Set of Nerf Bars, Duncan Racing Front Bumper, a Bunch of Big Toys for all of the youngstersand a whole bunch more!

The Shirts that were made for the memorial race were also a great bonus to all of the riders who had known Matt!

Debi was very pleased with everything and everyone that had came together to help with the event!

Jodi was just happy that he could enjoy the weekend !

Usually he is dirty up to his elbows from helping everyone keep their machines in top shape at the nationals and I believe he had the perfect oppurtunity to sit back relax and enjoy the events from the weekend!

Well deserved Jodi!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast