Thread: Cdi

Cdi

What brand of CDI is the best for the 500? My buddy has one and is looking at getting one. I just thought I would help him by asking those with one. Thanks.

BEST is going to be the Vortex or Dyna FS..... those aren't necessarily the best for the money though! Those two are upwards of $400 or so
    06 LTR (White):ATP Racing Engines Port and Polish, +1 Ti exhaust valves, JE 14:1 Piston, Hotcams Intake cam, Power Commander, FuelATV intake, Full HMF Ironman series exhaust, Hinson Clutch Basket, Hinson Clutch Plates, Blue Laker Custom Plastics, QuadTech Hump seat, Blue Tag "Railer" skid plate, Fasst Co. flex bars, ASV F3 Pro Clutch perch w/ lever, ASV F3 Brake lever, Precision Steering Stabilizer, Walsh long travel front end, Fox Evol front shocks, Fox Poduim X rear shock w/ DSC, GT Thunder Linkage, Streamline Brake Lines front & rear, Motion Pro clutch cable, Rath Graphics kit, Rath Anti-Vibe Stem, black Rath bumper, black Rath grab bar, black Rath competition nerf bars/heel guards, Hipers with Maxxis Razr MX's or itp bajas all around p/c gloss black, kenda klaws, Lonestar Axcalibur axle, BCS Shift Pin, Blue CV4 hoses, Relocator, updog # backings, srp case saver, lots of powdercoating!!... and a few more things to come!

Thanks to this year's sponsors: Rath Racing, HMF Exhaust, FuelATV, Fly Racing, and Western Power Sports

Originally posted by Tyler25
    BEST is going to be the Vortex or Dyna FS..... those aren't necessarily the best for the money though! Those two are upwards of $400 or so
    So what one, for the money, is good. I have seen a Big Gun CDI for around $100 but wasnt sure. The predator doesn't use TPS do they? So a 2d style CDI should work.

Correct

id go with vortex if heard bad things about dyna

Vortex is a nice Box. I wouldnt be too sure about the Big Guns tho, Herd alot of ppl say that theirs all fried. Most ppl seem happy with the CDI from Procom