Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 22" Tires ??

22" Tires ??

I got 400ex. Is it a good idea to get 22" turf tamers w/ douglas .190 for the rear. I do mostly trial riding, my current stockers are getting bold. Or would it be better to get 20" rear's ?

Stay with the 20's... you'll be glad you did.
    SMC

I was thinking if I stick with 20" tires i'd be better off getting razr's. Anyone got razr's, if so how good are they ? How fast do they wear out ?

thanx for your help...

From what I've read and heard the Razr is an excellent handling sport tire with great traction, but it wears fast.

I think the rear stockers on a 400 would be hard to beat for the combination of handling, wear, and traction.
    2000-440ex Stroker--Fan Cooled

Houser +1 A-Arms, Elka Triple rates, Laegers +1 1/4 Swingarm, G-Force Axle w/Durablue Anti-Fade Locknut, 14/36 Gearing, DID X-Ring Chain, C&D Revalved Rear, Maier Silver Plastic, Steel Grey PCed Frame, SPAL Fan, AC Bumper, Pro Armour Footpeg Extensions, Renthal Bars, Yoshimura Full Exhaust, 450R Carb w/ZR's Adaptor, K&N w/o Lid, Powroll 440 Stroker w/stg 3 HC, P&P Head, HD rod, GT Thunder HD Studs, and Timing chain, AMR Monster Coil, 4 Degree Advance Key and a 12oz lighter flywheel. Now at 12.5:1 Compression!

450R Front brake upgrade using 06-up Spindles and 07' hubs.

450R Rear Brake Upgrade

Kenda Knarly XC Radial 21x11x9 Rear Tires

Shorai Lithium Iron Battery

Running E85--Jetting: 70 pilot, 240 main, HRC needle on bottom notch and shimmed.

Originally posted by Wheelie
    I think the rear stockers on a 400 would be hard to beat for the combination of handling, wear, and traction.
    I agree 100%!
    SMC

i've ran 20" razr's and now have have 22'' razrs and loved both sets but like the 22's much more for the trails(more ground clearance)but i run 23''front razr's it might look jacked in the back with 22's in the back and 21's or 22's up front.and most definately 6 ply's......
    Paps

I have to say, I love the 22inchers in the rear. The ground clearance you gain is worth it. I don't see any drop off in handling either. I have seen many a 400's stuck on ruts on hills, where the stock tires , just didn't give the clearance. One thing, with the 22in rears, I dropped a tooth on the sprocket to return the gearing to normal. Works for me!! I'd say get the 22in razr's, holeshots or bandits.
    2000 - 440EX - 13:1 JE Piston, port and polish, White Bros Cam, Kibblewhite valves, balanced and lightened flywheel, Clarke 5.5 Gal tank, White Bros Seat Cover and Graphics Kit. 14 tooth sprocket, 22in XCT Holeshot rears, 23" Holeshot XCT's fronts. ACR Front Bumper, AC Propeg Nerf Bars, PRM Swingarm Skid, Renthal bars, Denton Steering Stabilizer, EZ-pull clutch lever and perch, WB Blockoff plate, E-series slip on. Works Triple Rates.

GONE, I miss it so....

Thanx for your help. Ground clearance is the main reason I was going to get 22's, but didnt want to loss low end. Will the 22's effect the low end ? I went to my dealer and seen the 22" razr's, I like the treads on them. They must get good tracktion. One more question, How heavy are the douglas .190 rims ?
    400ex
    k&n filter
    ac nerfs
    renthal grips
    14t front

Yahoo: bsr500

like buckeye says he dropped a tooth in the front to bring it back to stock gearing,if not you will lose some low end but gain top end if you don't gear it down.as far as .190's weight i don't know.i do know my carbon fiber beadlocks are supposed to be lighter than any regular rim but haven't weighed them....and yes they do get great traction and they will powerslide when you want them to...
    Paps

i was thinking off putting 22's on my 300ex.
    would i drop the front sprocket to a 12? (stocks13 i think)
    and are bandits too heavy?
    thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast