Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: help!!!

Unhappy help!!!

i have a 02 raptor, and when i start it it will idle fine. but when you give it gas it sounds like its not gettin any gas at all and it backfire.

i tried puttin a new spark plug in it and that did nothin, i took the carbs out and cleaned the jets and float bowls...still nothing seems to help. the next thing i am going to try is to get a new coil and see if that helps anything, because it only started doing this after i left the key on all night...

if anyone has any help its greatly needed!!!

hey bud

dont worry it will work out for ya.... shoulda got a honda haha j/j with ya

Is there any trash in the tank or the petcock? Drain the tank and take the petcock apart and clean it real good and see what that does.
    02 XC Raptor

Also check ur CDI, the constant power drain might have caused some damage 2 that. also your Carb Boots and Airfilter
    (2) XC Raptor 700rs- They got some stuff

GNCC #298

Thanks to GT Thunder, Cycra, Spider, Bel-Ray, Fasst co. No Toil, Houser, GBC and HMF!

45 Forever, Ride Proud!

i have cleaned the tank out and put diffrent gas in it and that did nothing...man i hope it isnt the cdi unit i wont be ridin for a while but thanx and keepem commin

im pretty sure that its you fuel mix screw turn your carb upside down and look for an adjustment screw and turn it counter clockwise a little

how much is a little????

The stock should be out 1 1/2 turns. Screw it in all the way and then go out 1 1/2 turns. When it is adjusted, we usually only go approx 1/4 of a turn. A little turn will go a long ways!
    '06/'09 800 Long Travel Industries Rhintax
    '06 666 Outlaw Motorsports Rhino
    '07 693 Outlaw Motorsports Rhino
    '07 660 Outlaw Motorsports Rhino

Coming soon... Tapped Out Motorsports

Re: help!!!

Originally posted by jbible660
    i have a 02 raptor, and when i start it it will idle fine. but when you give it gas it sounds like its not gettin any gas at all and it backfire.

i tried puttin a new spark plug in it and that did nothin, i took the carbs out and cleaned the jets and float bowls...still nothing seems to help. the next thing i am going to try is to get a new coil and see if that helps anything, because it only started doing this after i left the key on all night...

if anyone has any help its greatly needed!!!
    check ur intake boot it might have a small rip

but i think its your jets

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast