Thread: Question on Air Filter Usage at the Dunes

Question on Air Filter Usage at the Dunes

Got a quick question for you all. Is it ok (safe) to run a K&N airfilter with an outerwear at the dunes. Or is it better to run the stock filter? will the K&N block the sand from getting into the engine enough? Have any of you had any problems running the K&N at the dunes?

Thanks

The K&N with an outerwears is just fine for the dunes. There's no way any sand will make it past the outerwears cover. I use the same setup, and when I get home, I take my shop vac and suck out any sand that made it into the airbox. This way, there is no risk of getting any sand into your engine.
    '06 Raptor 700R
    '04 V-Force

NW Quadriders

Thumbs up k&n air filters

i run k&n airfilters directly on my carbs with outer wears and haven't had any problems. you have to run the outwears though. my banshee is a pumped 370 long rod and uses a lot of fuel and AIR, too.

K&N with outerwear is the best set-up for the dunes. Any filter without an outerwear will just pack up with sand; foam or K&N. So, if you decide to use foam make sure you have an outerwear for it.
    2000 Banshee with all the bolt-ons
    1995 Warrior
    WyoDuner's Dune Review Site - Now with SAND DUNING Forums

Talking

K&N and outerwears is perfect for dunes. A plain K&N is fine but you better have like 3 of them cause without an outerwears it won't last a day before needing cleaning. I just pull of my outerwear after every ride, blow it out, and it goes back on. Makes filter last a loonnnggg time in the dunes between cleanings.

Red face 2qk4who?

think u oughta try running without the airbox lid and filter----betcha youd be smokin then!!! whatcha think???

your a brite one there smokin400. i could run a Briggs and Stratton Air filter and smoke you. and yes the name says it all.

2QK4U