Thread: ramp dimensions????

ramp dimensions????

does anyone have an idea of how long i need to a ramp to be if its about 6-7 feet tall for about a 50 foot or so gap. i want it to kinda throw me up in the air instead of throwing me for distance. also what is a good comfortabl width for quad ramps.
    99' 406ex
    Elka/Renthal/Kenda
    06' LTR450
    Maxxis/Flexx/AC

there is in no way any set dimension to be for length. each ramp design is totally different. but as a whole USUALLY ramps end up being approx twice as long as they are tall.

usually most stocks quads jump a 6 ft wide ramp. alot of guys with extended ones prefer a 7 or 8 ft wide one.

for what you want i would suggest a final angle of around 41 -42 degrees or so if you truely want full hang time from a 50 ft gamp. if not tame it down accordingly, for instance a 40 degree angle.
    http://alloyindustries.com

is the angle your talking about the angle from the start point to the end point of the actual ramp?
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil and no good, nothing but blind pitiless indifference.

Originally posted by Jason1
    there is in no way any set dimension to be for length. each ramp design is totally different. but as a whole USUALLY ramps end up being approx twice as long as they are tall.

usually most stocks quads jump a 6 ft wide ramp. alot of guys with extended ones prefer a 7 or 8 ft wide one.

for what you want i would suggest a final angle of around 41 -42 degrees or so if you truely want full hang time from a 50 ft gamp. if not tame it down accordingly, for instance a 40 degree angle.
    thanks for the help jason
    99' 406ex
    Elka/Renthal/Kenda
    06' LTR450
    Maxxis/Flexx/AC

i have a 6 foot tall jump built like a supper kicker and its only like 5 feet long and u have to jump around 40 ft in 2nd gear