Thread: 250ex-450r rear suspension

250ex-450r rear suspension

I just went outside and did some measuring. It seems that the rear shock/link will bolt right up to the 250ex swingarm with a little modification. You'd have to move the re-enforcing crossmember to make it fit. What i think could go wrong has to do with the fact that the 250 swingey is shorter than the 450's. This would make the ride harsher but you cant get much harsher than a stock 250 shock. I came up with this idea looking at the specs of each machine. They are close to the same weight, so i thought the 450 shock would be right at home on the 250. the linkage would hang down but i could fashion a guard for it. The machine would sit lower in the back also, I think this would help the stabiltity of the machine considerably
    An anarchist lives his/her life by no rules and no schedules. They live to one day create total chaos. Wierd thing is, they hold meetings.

1st problem is that the 250ex is a shaft drive. That's not gonna be easy.

Now a 450r rearend on a 250x is possible though with a little welding and shock revalving.
    Brandon -O||||O-
    1998 Honda TRX300EX (330)

Im not wanting to transfer the whole rear suspension, jus the shock and linkage. The little crossmember is all thats in the way on the 250 swingarm. I can weld like there's no tomorrow so that's no problem.the shaft drive will not be in the way, I've already checked
    An anarchist lives his/her life by no rules and no schedules. They live to one day create total chaos. Wierd thing is, they hold meetings.

you will probably have to have the shock re-built
    E-mail: kmagner1234@yahoo.com

oh yeah... I forgot about that. even though they weigh nearly the same they are still completely different machines. I'll have to run the shock as-is for a while though. does anyone know of a decent pace that does atv suspension in the florida panhandle? I live in the town of Port Saint Joseph( called simply Saint Joe) which is about 40 miles outside of Panama City.

a stock 250ex doesnt even have a shock linkage if i remember right, so how are you going to put the linkage on. you cant weld it on because it has to pivot.
    JAMES

2004 Black SE YFZ450 Fasst Flexx Bars | Namura High comp. piston | DID heavy duty cam chain | GYTR Kicker| SS brake lines| GYTR pipe & filter | DG fat nerfs | Full skid plates | AC Grab bar | 4 razr 2s on ITP rims| Gibson steering stabilizer | DOXO graphics | Pro Armor bumper | powermadds

2004 Yellow LTZ400 - White bros slip on | uni filter w/ outerwears & no lid | Fly ATV bars | denton steering stabilizer | Klaw Fronts & Knarly Rears | Works Shocks

1972 Kawasaki 100
    1993 Chevy S10 Pickup
    AIM Walls450

You're right. The 250 lacks a link in the rear suspension. It seems the lower shock bracket on the 250 is the same size as the mount for the link. I really hope i can get this to work. It'd be really trick an vastly improve the suspension. Even if I have to move the brackets, they are just little tabs of metel.

go for it i wonna see it i think u can posible do it
    08 ltr450 le cherry bomb, uni,Full Duncan exhaust,pro tapper,rock nerfs,motorsport bumper

01 440ex Girlfriends bike , +2+1 a-arms, uni filter, chm slip on,white bros header ac bumper, 440 kit 12:1, hd head studs, nerfs,rad lock nut,westcost carrier,450r carb,stage 2 hot cam, eca break block off, 450r swing arm,450r rear brake set up,tcs revalved rear shock

did this on my blaster using cr500 pro link and came up with 13" of travel
    Long Travel Axis-Mototech TRX450er 2006 in black
    "betty"
    02 400ex
    95 cbr600 runs 11's
    1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch-13 sec car
    1998 Camaro Z28 Ls1 1LE (1 of 99)
    Capable of 12 seconds
    Shock Rebuilds DIRT cheap