Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2005 ATVA ITP Moose GNC MX Round #9 - High Point

#30 Travis Spader, joined the list of riders aboard the LTZ400 after making the switch from the Yamaha YFZ450.

Spader became part of the Yoshimura team as of last week, but is not directly part of the Suzuki/Yoshimura team, but instead has a similar Suzuki ride as #708 Harold Goodman.

This weekend marked a record number of LTZ400 on the starting line in the Pro Class with 5 Riders after Jeremy Lawson qualified on Saturday after winning the Pro LCQ (Doug Gust, Jermiah Jones, Harold Goodman, Travis Spader, and Jeremy Lawson).

Last year at this time, the only rider in the Pro Class aboard a Suzuki was #55 Doug Gust.

#30 Travis Spader Interview:

ATVriders.com
    Why the switch to the Suzuki midseason after racing the Yamaha all year?

Travis Spader
    "The switch came as a last minute deal, last week, and these guys are willing to help me out to finish up season because I had some trouble with my Yamaha program, and these guys came through for me"

ATVriders.com
    How much seat time have you had on the Suzuki LTZ400?

Travis Spader
    "I rode it once on Tuesday last week. I decided to ride it this weekend, and I practiced on it Friday"

ATVriders.com
    How would you compare riding the Suzuki to the Yamaha?

Travis Spader
    "I think that I will feel more comfortable on the Suzuki in the long run because it has more potential and with a little bit of work it will get much better"

ATVriders.com
    How would you describe your return to GNC MX Series?

Travis Spader
    "It is better than I predicted, and I am still treating the racing as a part-time job, and I am hoping next year that I can do it on a full-time schedule, then I will be back where I want to be and that is on top"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click Here --->ATVriders.com Hoodies, Shirts, and Stickers Available Online <---

Please Support Our Site Sponsors!
    Mud Motorsports, BCS Performance, ITP, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Douglas Wheels, Burgard Cycle, T&T Racing, DASA, GBC Motorsports, HMF Engineering, Motoworks, ELKA, FOX

As the sun was going down behind the trees many of the younger riders and friends were playing on the jumgle gym.
    Click Here --->ATVriders.com Hoodies, Shirts, and Stickers Available Online <---

Mud Motorsports, BCS Performance, ITP, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Douglas Wheels, Burgard Cycle, T&T Racing, DASA, GBC Motorsports, HMF Engineering, Motoworks, ELKA, FOX

After Dark, camp fires began to come to life everywhere as friends sat around and discussed the events of today and expectations for tomorrow’s final motos for those who qualified.

Sunday Morning, #53 Kory Ellis was riding around on his bicycle, which wasn't a bad idea.

Alba Actions, Robert Vegter, has been Kory Ellis's Mechanic for a few years, but this would be the last weekend Rob would be wrenching on Kory's Yamaha because of a new job oppurtunity outside of ATV racing.

It was always a pleasure to see Rob at the track, and he will be missed by the many that have come to know him.

Wish you the Best Rob in your new career!

#5 Shane Hitt came out to watch the MX race this weekend, but unlike last year, he wasn't on crutches and he is back to Extreme Dirt Track racing which kicked off the season last week at Twin Creeks Raceway in Greenbrier, AR.

Shane Hitt made the switch to Suzuki this season, and finished 6th in the Pro Main Event.

Round #1 Pro Race Report

It was great to see such a huge turnout of spectators to the event, and I also thought it was great to see several GNCC Racers in attendance.

Pro Am Rider, Derek Litterini was one of many GNCC Racers that I found walking around the track.

Shawn Kirby,K&K Racing, made the trip down from Massachusetts this weekend.

ATV Insider, David Schloss, just released his lastest issue this week, which was readily available at the track and if you haven't checked it out, you don't know what you are missing.

After burning the midnight oil last week preparing the current issue for print, he spent this father's day weekend at the track relaxing with his family and instead had Marc Barilla capturing all the action for the next issue.

With Smitty making his way to the track, it was time for Sunday's racing to begin

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast