Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sprockets?

Sprockets?

Hey guys, I was just wondering, what front sprockets are available for Rappys these days... I have stock gearing, but Ill be racing GNCC this year, and I mostly trail ride around here. I dont particularly like feathering the clutch, so Ive decided to buy some sprockets. What would you guys recommend? I think stock gearing is 13-40, so I would figure just go down on the front for more torque. Id buy a 12, but I was wondering if there are 11's out there. I have 22' XCT's in back (Dont ask why) but I got more top end and thats what I dont want. If you know a place that sells 11's in the front could you post it? Thanks, and any other info is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Steve George #520

2007 Suzuki LTR 450 XC modded

here are pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve George #520

An 11 tooth front is going to chew up your chains faster, nasty angle on there. You can always change the rear sprocket as well. If you wanted more top end then why go to a 11 tooth front and lose all that you gained with the bigger tires and then some?

Well I didnt really want the top end, it was kind of a mistake that I got the 22's, I was originally getting 20' HD's but the person that I was on the phone with at my local dealer kept arguing with me about how they are "Strictly Motocross" and having a dad whos anal about only buying from the dealer made me listen to the guy....

Talk about a tipsy raptor huh? 23 in front 22 in back...

I really want to gear down, and if an 11 is too small Im willing to lighten my wallet a little more and grab a front/rear sprocket combo. Maybe a 12 by 42?
    Steve George #520

There are quite a few people running 12/42 and 12/44 combos with 22" tires. 12/40 would get you about back to stock with the bigger tires, a bigger rear will put you towards a quicker run through the gears.

Originally posted by MadDog56
    There are quite a few people running 12/42 and 12/44 combos with 22" tires. 12/40 would get you about back to stock with the bigger tires, a bigger rear will put you towards a quicker run through the gears.
    Well I dont plan on dragging it anytime soon. Im mostly a woods rider, jump it here or there, and Ill be racing XC.
    Steve George #520

ok, then I'd say go with the 12/42 for a little more clearance in the trails over the 12/44 setup.

Originally posted by MadDog56
    ok, then I'd say go with the 12/42 for a little more clearance in the trails over the 12/44 setup.
    Ok thanks, one more Q, will I need to do anything to my chain? Like add/remove links, or just adjust it? And do you know any companies that sell 12/42 kits? Id go with sidewinder but I cant pick money off the tree anymore.
    Steve George #520

If you are still using your stock chain then you should really get a new one, especially since you are getting 2 new sprockets. I think a stock length chain should work, but I'd get it a few links longer just in case.

Although they are cheap, primary drive seems to work well for many riders. I use renthal steel sprockets front and rear and I've always been very happy with them. I'm not a fan of sidewinder.

Well, I already replaced my stock chain, Ive got a 520 DID Oring. But thanks Ill go check for prices now.
    Steve George #520

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast