Thread: i changed my axel

i changed my axel

I just switched my stock 99 400ex axel (bent) out for a 02-03 axel but now ive got about 1/8 inch of play i can wiggle the axel back and forth with it all tight idk? any answers?

What type of play is it? If the axle moves side to side on the swingarm then you need to tighten the axle lock nut more. If it is loose as you wiggle it up and down then your axle carrier bearings are trashed.
    00' 400EX - GT Thunder 450 stroker, custom JE 12.5:1 piston,
    +7mm stroked crank, HD stroker rod, HRC cam, GTT full race porting, +1mm intake valves, FCR 39 carb, CRF timing chain, Denso IXG27 iridium plug, full Hinson 8 plate clutch, Desert Toyz Supercooler w/ SPAL fan, UM airbox w/ UNI, CT Hi-Output exhaust, Roll LOBO II F/R, LT PEP 8 click ZPS piggyback fronts, PEP ZPS rear, YFZ brakes/450R master, CCP stabilizer, Hiper Tech beadlocks, Durablue X-33, TAG, Quadtech, ASV, AC, IMS, RAD, Works Connection, Galfer..

05' Kawasaki KLX 110 - Fast 50's springs F/R, HRC cradle, Rox risers, FLY fatbars, NGK CR6HIX iridium plug, Twin Air filter

FYI if it's sideways.. you probably need to tighten you're axle nut AWAY from the housing. It pushes the collar into the housing.

If you tightened it into the housing.. that's why theres play.
    Brandon -O||||O-
    1998 Honda TRX300EX (330)

if your axle will move side to side, tighten your loc nut to the housing, best way to go is with a RAD loc nut!!! very best.....if your axle will move all arround and up and down, your bearings are shot!

2001 400ex

WB e-series silencer, WB rev limiter, K&N stage 2 jet kit (170 main jet, 42 pilot), XR400 cam, 16/36t sprockets, durablue 2+2 axle, DG nerfs, DG front bumper, DG 6 pack rack, 909 bar, modified stock header, Tinner air scoops, and more.
    Dave