Thread: Starting Problems

Starting Problems

I bought an 03 raptor at an auction a few weeks ago. When i first got it it ran like a raped ape. I took it to wash it to get ready to sell it. When i finished washing it it would idle but when i let out on the clutchin first it would die. Now it will not even start. I have not started tearing into anything yet. I have been busy with my race bike. It will turn over but not start. like i said i have not started tearing into anything. Another thing is that the battery seems to run down quickly. If i could get any help it would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like the classic "water in the bike" syndrome. The question is whether you soaked the intake or the electronics. Try the spark plug boot too.

do ya have a full tank of gas? petcock on "on"? is your parking break disinguaged at the lever and at the rear by the axle?
    2004 Raptor 660 Limited....

Originally posted by MadDog56
    Sounds like the classic "water in the bike" syndrome. The question is whether you soaked the intake or the electronics. Try the spark plug boot too.
    make sure there isn't any water settled inside by the plug in case you remove the plug.