Thread: Rider Racing Position

Question Rider Racing Position

Hey whats up im new to quad racing and i just wanted to know when you Race are you supposed to stand or sit and where on the seat is the best position for racing or jumping. any info would be appreciated

thx

everybody has different riding styles but on the straights i sit down and before comin to a jump i stand up and when im in the air i scoot back on the seat a little bit BUT whatever u do dont hit a jump sitting down unless u want to get shot off ur quad it will take some practice to get used to jumping but just find out the style that u like to ride..later :blah

Marysville, OH Northern Cambria, PA (hometown)
    when i race the only time i am on the seat is when i am in a turn... i am usualy in the attack position which is elbows bent, knees bent and ur back is at about a 60degree angle from the seat... watch about 90% of the pros are like this postion when they race... it will also help out becuase of the bumps..
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

On the straights and the holeshot you want you rear end as far back on the seat as possible. The more wieght of those rear tires the more traction your gonna get. I put all my wieght into turns. All depending on were the bike is going in the air, depends on my body position. Everywhere else stand up and keep you arms and legs semi-relaxed so they can absorb the bumps better.

Norm
    2000 Roll/Laeger's/Houser/Axis 416ex

2001 Arens/Laeger's/PEP 250r

Thanks to my sponsors for 2003 : 00-Buck ATV Racing, Team Pompton, Nebulae Race Team, Milton Inn Packaged Goods, Napa Auto Parts of Oak Ridge, Sick Style Racing, WD-40, Hinson Racing, IMS, Sport Center Racing, and Nac's racing

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports for all there help and support they gave me.

We are now accepting resumes, this is a New Jersey based team. westsyder50@hotmail.com
    http://www.geocities.com/sickstyleatv/index.html

Team Rcokford Fosgate 401+ northeast champ 147.7db