Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Exhaust

Best Exhaust

I want the baddest exhaust they make with a spark arrestor. I was looking in to ct, but let me know what you guys think. I know this is a common question but I'm new to the site thanks
    2003 raptor
    2001 f-350
    1996 mustang

I have a Dmc Alien with a K&N filter as well as jet kit I have ridden in St Anthonys As well as Oregon Dunes and live in CANADA and with the diferent altitudes have found it to be a very well performing system I have drag raced a few RAPTORS with the CT pipe and beat them . My two nephews have a YFZ and a 450R and with a long enough race like fire roads or desert I can reel them in but even in a short race im not far behind and in woods it all depends on talent and how well you know your quad by the way I have a 2003 RAPTOR it is my first quad before that I have had only owned three weelers since 1976 now that is dating my self
    2005 TRX450r, Dynatech CDI, Renthal Fat bars, MPH billet riser, K&N air filter, Quadtech hood, Rossier Pipe, Hot Cams Stage 2, ported/polished, Duncan Racing bumper, Duncan rear brake block off, Duncan Racing case saver, JD performance +2 LT a-arms, TCS shocks

how much was your exhaust and do you know how much horsepower it was suppose to make. I read a dyno and it said that the ct supposedly helped make 50hp on a raptor in dirt wheels. Now I know every bike is different, I just don't mind spending five or six hundred on one. I just want the best
    2003 raptor
    2001 f-350
    1996 mustang

The price in Canadian was $800 for the full exhuast, $250 for the spark arrestor, and another 200 for a pro flow air filter kit with jetting .so it should be around $500 U.S. Check their website, because I think they may have changed the design of their full system. The best thing to do is chose a system for your type of riding mid top or bottom end as well as sound levels. you can always change gearing as it is easily done and cheap thats how I chose mine and it set up well.
    03raptor black as dirt faster than most; alien full exhaust ,proflow k&n filter with outer wears pre filter, dynatek programmable ignition, 909 bars with acerbid rally brush gaurds, shock wears, trail tech computer, on and off's are sand stars tires, lowering kit, and a prm cagro rack for long rides.

Ive got a CT full pipe, pro design air filter, and its jetted properly. Fastest Rappy around here.. I think Dirt Wheels did a pipe shootout a long time ago, and Ive seen some online, Ill go look for the link, Oh yea, dualies wouldnt be such a bad idea either, the LTE dual exhaust with K&N Filter I heard is pretty damn powerful.
    Steve George #520

2007 Suzuki LTR 450 XC modded

Originally posted by crewstang
    how much was your exhaust and do you know how much horsepower it was suppose to make. I read a dyno and it said that the ct supposedly helped make 50hp on a raptor in dirt wheels. Now I know every bike is different, I just don't mind spending five or six hundred on one. I just want the best
    Oops, didnt read this post, guess you saw the pipe shootout...

Anyway heres the link for future reference..

http://www.ctracing.com/PD_ct%20phot...ruary_2002.htm
    Steve George #520

yeah thanks for the help guys. I really like the lte duals, its just I've heard mix reactions about them. You guys know how it compares to ct?
    2003 raptor
    2001 f-350
    1996 mustang

I'm also curious as to how the LTE compares against the CT. My CT adds a ton of power from the bottom, all the way to the top, I heard the LTE's give incredeble mid-high end, I might grab the LTE kit if I get enough $ worked up...
    Steve George #520

yeah, well I was set on lte for a while. I don't remember what site I was on, but they were bad mouthing it real bad. They said dirt wheels did a test on it and it didn't do anything. So I don't know. I know it sure looks bad ***.
    2003 raptor
    2001 f-350
    1996 mustang

On a stock or mildly modified engine the CT makes more hp. Only when you start flowing a lot of air and fuel through the head does the LTE begin to perform better. The LTE has a noticeable lack of power in the midrange compared to other top tier full exhaust systems.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast