Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fun slow trick wheelies

Question fun slow trick wheelies

I have an 04 400 ex and it is a really good wheelie bike but i didnt realize till today how much mor fun it is to do slow 1st gear wheelies over torque wheelies going 55mph. I was wondering if you guys could inform me on what are the best mods to put on to my 400 with no real money limit. ive got about 3500 to spend on it and would like to make it a good trick bike. thanks

Well iam just starting out putting things on mine. So far all I got it Nerf bars and new tires and handle bars but ia, putting a new silencer and before the summer is over a new suspension, a-arms and a new swingarm.

if you have 3500 dollars to spend sell your quad and buy a 450.

If you decide to waste money on your ex than thats your choice though. But for stunting you dont need really many mods that cost a lot of money. Pipe, tires, handle bars, and nerfs. You'll want to add a 12 bar because ive broken one sub frame already. 12 bars are pretty easy to make and they dont take much time. Look at josh landphear hes one of the best quad stunters around and his quad is close to stock. You will get bored of 1st gear wheelies though and eventually you'll be pulling 55 mph wheelies
    2001 400ex (sold)!
    Trying to get back into racing

my bro has a 450r and it is an awsome atv for wheelies but it boggs down really bad and doesnt want to do clutch wheelies just long fast wheelies. my friends dad is making my a 12 bar and i plan on putting it on this week.

its fun to do slow wheelie but long and fast is better
    08 Suzuki LTR450R, Yosh/ProTaper/ASV/Douglas/Fox Shocks/AtvFourPlay/Factory 43/

long and fast equals break your bike and yourself. They are fun though. The only time i do wheelies going hella fast is when i got tons of room. I normally keep my wheelies in 1st and 2nd. If you are just going to stunt your qaud and mess around on the track and trails their is no point in dumping a bunch of money into it. all i got is exaust nerfs twist throttle and bars and it rules for stunting

the best mod I have for doing wheelies and other ground tricks is my Pro Design kill switch. while trying new tricks I constantly fall off my quad and the kill switch keeps the quad from taking off down the road w/o me!!

you don't really need anyother mods for doing stunts, nerf bars can help and give you a place to stand while trying new tricks.

I find it more of a challenge to try and do wheelies as SLOW as I can in 1st gear. anyone can pop wheelies up in 3rd gear and ride it out but it takes more balance to try a wheelie going as slow as I can.

oh, if you really do have $3500 to spend get a 450r
    2007 Yamaha Raptor 700R se

2003 Wolverine 350 4x4

ya heres josh lanphers mod list:
    -sliver plastic
    -HMF slip on
    -new tires

and i think that covers it. slow wheelies are fun but theres nothing like a high chair(sitting on the handle bars) at 60 mph the faster the more fun and the longer. you can wheelie any where and once you can wheelie for like 1000 feet you can wheelie for ever

all stock just bump the idle up you can do anything ffrom 2 up no hander wheelies to all kinds of stuff see.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "its a sledgehammer"

or reg no handerwheelies
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "its a sledgehammer"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast