Thread: Bad TPS, Poor gas mileage on 98 silverado

Bad TPS, Poor gas mileage on 98 silverado

well i know for a fact that i have a bad throttle possioning
    IF YOU DONT HAVE WINGS U DONT HAVE A PRAYER!!

2004 Honda Rancher 400 A/t: Project quad. mods to come after i repair it

2006 TRX 450ER: HRC kit, AC blackline pro peg nerfbars, AC front bumper, DOXO shockwears, DMP Graphics kit

(SOLD)2002 400ex: shaved front plastics, k&n air filter, rejetted carb, Holeshot mxr rears, holeshot mx fronts, ac pro peg nerfs, ac front bumper, tag handle bars, Magnum rev box,nacs head light caps, nacs E brake block off, TC shorty exhaust, n-style graphics kit, and dirtbike clutch lever and perch

About 30 bucks.
    2007 yfz450
    2011 rancher fpm

Very possible, lets say you have it at 1/4 throttle but it thinks you have it at full throttle it's going to dump more gas to it even though its not getting the air....Also fuel pressure regulator can cause them to get poor mileage, but change out the stuff that you know is bad first then go from there. $30 sounds about right, only 2 screws hold it on and one little wire plug, very easy to change.

Originally posted by jeepboyny
    Very possible, lets say you have it at 1/4 throttle but it thinks you have it at full throttle it's going to dump more gas to it even though its not getting the air....Also fuel pressure regulator can cause them to get poor mileage, but change out the stuff that you know is bad first then go from there. $30 sounds about right, only 2 screws hold it on and one little wire plug, very easy to change.

beat me to it.
    [b]
    Brian Casey

2001 416ex
    2002 416ex

96 12v built to the hilt and constantly broke

from what i know of the only thing that is bad is the tps...the truck has rough idol and stuff...all the symptoms of a bad tps then i took it to auto zone and had them diagnostic check it...and the computer said it was a bad tps....its been bad for a while now but i figured what the hell as long as its running im going to drive it but i got to thinking the other day what he fuction of the tps is...and im like its proally dumping more gas in the motor than needed and thats burning my gas down a lil bit faster

2006 TRX 450ER: HRC kit, AC blackline pro peg nerfbars, AC front bumper, DOXO shockwears, DMP Graphics kit

(SOLD)2002 400ex: shaved front plastics, k&n air filter, rejetted carb, Holeshot mxr rears, holeshot mx fronts, ac pro peg nerfs, ac front bumper, tag handle bars, Magnum rev box,nacs head light caps, nacs E brake block off, TC shorty exhaust, n-style graphics kit, and dirtbike clutch lever and perch

bump anyone else have anything to add to whats already been stated above??