Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xr 100

Question Xr 100

hey guys,
    i am 12 and i was thinking about buying a used 300ex but i just don't have the money to buy one. i am thinking about getting an xr 100 because it is priced very good for a newer used one and it still has a clutch and gears. i have been bmx biking for a while now and i know alot of bmxers say it helps out when dirtbiking. i am going to use it just for playing around in the feilds or down the powerlines. has anybody had any experience with them and are they good for a low budget dirtbike. like i said i will only be playing with it, so i dont need a two stroke. btw it will be my first bike.

thanks alot

well, there's about 5 or 6 of these in my neighborhood. this is a great bike to start out on, especially for the price. they are extremely reliable and easy to start and maintain. the suspension is hard, so if you want to do any jumping, you would be better of with a 2-stroke 80, which generally has very good suspension. if the price is right, i'd say go for it. you may grow out of it soon, but it is a good, safe bike to start out on.
    2001 MX Race 400EX - TQRA Series Racer #721

My Quad Site
    TQRA Site
    C&D Racing - 308-696-7805
    Bullet Motorsports

"You can't have a battle of the wits with someone that's unarmed."

hey i saw you on hondaxr good site like exriders only for xr's whicj i recently puchased if your like me 5'6-7 somedays lol! and about 135 i would pik the xr 200 i rode my buddies 100 and felt cramped after a few mintues on it so i tes drove a xr200 they seem to big but man they are a perfect size and even if u outgrow it quick u should still keep it cause they turn 1 heck alot better than the xr 400s do so get the xr and see the difference but you will feel after a few weeks of ridin u will feel like you dominate it but u wont ust keep riding it and youll findits limits and its fun higher! keep it up!

my friend has a 2002 xr100. its never seen a trail!
    it was ridden in his backyard for total around 8-10 hours.
    its mint. no scracthes AT ALL! its looks and runs brand new.
    it probly had 2-3 tanks of gas in it.
    hes asking $1,700obo i think
    he lives right down the street from me. (NY)
    you live in long island right?
    email me at rocky9@frontiernet.net
    thanks

i used to Ride Motorcycles when i was really young and i will tell you, you get what you paid for... If you really want somthing to ride i would go with the 2 strokes... Like the 80 or so. The xr100 sits really low, and it feels REALLY SMALL!!! You also might want to go look at Yamaha. They have a TTR-125L, which has a front disc brake, plus, its not to much more of an expenise. But still, if i were a person that likes to Jump, ride faster, and your pretty tall, i would go with the CR-80 , or YZ-80. They are both Really nice bikes for what you pay for... Good Luck...

Marysville, OH Northern Cambria, PA (hometown)
    if ur over 100lbs or 5'3' def wait and buy a cr80 or cr85... u will grow out of that bike in a month... my friend did the same thing he got a xr100 when he was 10 and we all got crs, yzs,kxs, rms, and he couldn't keep up and he was bummed out because we all were jumpin and having fun but he was stuck climbing little hills... he sold the bike 6 months later and bought a yz 80 and was the happiest person ever...
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

sure and 100! get a xr250r and get on a tight trail and te xr will whoop all the bike cause its power and you can go so far on one ank of gas unlike a kx which is a junk bike can only go 2 1/2 hours on the trail before a fill up its soo irriating when we stop and we are blazing a new trail and they say were outta gas so it boils down to this:
    2-stroke-speed and rpms is all you will get!
    4-stroke you will get good r's awesome trail power torque good gas mileage no piston changes! hah ahh ah hahah and alot more! get an xr200 like me good bike!

I rode and XR100 1 time......that was enough for me...0 power.....handles like poop, about 1/8" of travel.....I couldn't even keep my balance riding it......I was laughing so hard at how useless it was...for a 8yr old it would be good but any older then 10 or 11 it's pretty much a joke.

Killer i think your a joke.
    xr100 are cool little bikes. there pretty much just ment to be rode in your backyard when your 8 years old. deff. get a 2stroke bike like they said. a yz or kx 80

i have a 2000 yz 80 for $2000
    im located in nj
    z400on order ac dirt screen bumper ac pro pegs tag t2s trail tech bar clamps-soon a lsr axel

KX125 pro circuit top triple clamps w/bar mounts,Pro Circuit Platuium pipe, Pro Circuti Shorty silencer, renthal twin walls moto tasinari v force reed cage, one industries graphics, black rear # plates

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast