Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 02 Raptor Smoking

02 Raptor Smoking

i have a 02 Raptor i just bought a few months ago. it is my second raptor i have had, but this one has an edelbrock carb on it with a full yoshi exhaust. after riding it for about 10 hours, the bike seems to be smoking alot. it has gotten consideralbly warmer out, and i dont think it could be burning oil. it doesnt smell like oil. i am thinking the jetting on the bike is way too rich. im not sure if thats the prob. anyone have this problem who also has an edelbrock carb on their raptor? thanks

what does it do from start up/ 1/4 to 3/4 throttle ,and full throttle need all this to figure out whats going on
    02" raptor janssen outlaw long travel a-arms+2,+1.elka triple rates janssen+1antivibe steering stem ,+1-1/4outlaw swing arm hipers8" holeshotmxr's wiseco piston valves/spring titanium 686cc ported/polished elkas lowering rear kit k&n filter/prefilter ims shifter
    "06 LTR450
    rath propegs with nerfs ,rathrear bumper with plate,pro design kill switch,rath front bumper,cherry bomb,Rossier pipe,power commander III ,fuel atv air system
    "05" articat 90 hetrick racing clutch kit,k&n filter,sprocket 18t front,rear24,dura blue spacers front and rear,holeshots front DWT front and rear hedge hogs

start up and idle it smokes little, with more throttle comes more smoke. i know a sign of low compression is smoking during deceleration. my bike is smoking under acceleration which leads me to beleive its running way too rich. anything is possible tho i have been riding in very dusty conditions with an open airbox. any ideas?

btw i am going to start it up and see exactly what it does at all throttle positions tommorrow and i will post. cant do it right now too late hahha.

what dif. does have one carb do compared to 2 stock carbs? do you like it betteR?

this is my second raptor. my first raptor was also an 02 with just a slip on T4 pro circuit pipe. yes i can tell the bike is a bit quicker with the full exhaust and carb. i do alot of woods riding and as of now i am not completly satisfyed with the edelbrock carb. i dont like the airbox setup, they recommed to run with an open airbox-not good for lost of water and dust. i am also having a problem with an irregular idle, and possiblly running way too rich. i dont know if my carb is jus way out of whack or what right now thats what im trying to figure out.

make shure your choke isnt stuck or just on
    2004 Raptor 660 Limited....

there is no choke on the edelbrock carb setup. or atleast that i know of. thats what the guy said when i bought it.

well its not that hard to tell what its comin from. black smoke=to rich blue smoke=oil and white smoke=coolant

Any news of the situation...I want to know because im planning on purchasing the edelbrock carb and don't want to throw $500 down the drain. BTW i don't see any air filters for these carbs on ebay only the carb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast