Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: axle

axle

I don't figure it will, but does anyone know if a 250r axle will fit a dale. I know it is a long shot, bu tI see ppl swaping honda and dale parts a lot and just wondered. Thanks
    99 416ex, sold, gone but never forgotten

02 gsxr 750 Jardine carbon fiber slip on, 1000 titanium header, steel front lines, k&n, 208 GPs, flush mounts

04 450r xc quad

Sponsors: C & P Racing(Morgantown, KY), Fun Valley Motors

I know a 400ex one will fit I am not sure if the 400ex and the 250r are they same or not if they are then they will fit
    Triple Threat Racing
    2003 Cannondale
    Can't beat American Quality!

2005 Sponsors
    Hiper Technology

Originally posted by jacobw
    I know a 400ex one will fit I am not sure if the 400ex and the 250r are they same or not if they are then they will fit

400ex and 250r axles are DIFFERNT.the carriers are interchangable but not the axle's.
    Mx bike: '05 Walsh CRF450
    Xc bike: '06 TRX 450ER

Sponsors:
    Pompton Honda, Fly Racing, Laeger's Racing, Smith Optics, GT Thunder, Renthal, Regina Chains, SixSixOne, Cardio Stack, IMS Products, Twin Air, SunStar, Cycra, Amsoil and L.A. Sleeve
    Race Photos:
    http://www.LouRusso.SmugMug.com

cannondale axles are identical to the 400ex ones they also used the round style adjuster there is no harm in using parts that will make building it easier. Its not that cannodale is using honda parts is that a 400ex will fit becuase the bearings are the same size. Sounds smart to me. Honda copied off cannondale and used alloy frames in the crf and cr dirtbikes. The stock cannondale axles are much beefier and will hold up to abuse, a durablue axle is not as beefy as the stock cannondale moto or standard width axle the only company that make ones close is RPM.
    Triple Threat Racing
    2003 Cannondale

2005 Sponsors
    Hiper Technology

Originally posted by QuadRacer041
    400ex and 250r axles are DIFFERNT.the carriers are interchangable but not the axle's.
    Thanks I didnt know if they were the same or not
    Triple Threat Racing
    2003 Cannondale

2005 Sponsors
    Hiper Technology

cannondale axles are identical to the 400ex ones they also used the round style adjuster there is no harm in using parts that will make building it easier. Its not that cannodale is using honda parts is that a 400ex will fit becuase the bearings are the same size. Sounds smart to me. Honda copied off cannondale and used alloy frames in the crf and cr dirtbikes. The stock cannondale axles are much beefier and will hold up to abuse, a durablue axle is not as beefy as the stock cannondale moto or standard width axle the only company that make ones close is RPM.

honda has been suing alum. frames on the dirtbikes for years now.way before the dale was around.

Sponsors:
    Pompton Honda, Fly Racing, Laeger's Racing, Smith Optics, GT Thunder, Renthal, Regina Chains, SixSixOne, Cardio Stack, IMS Products, Twin Air, SunStar, Cycra, Amsoil and L.A. Sleeve
    Race Photos:

the first dirtbike that cannondale made the the mx400 in 2001 did honda have the alum. frames one the cr and crf then I thought they just started using them in like 02 or 03?? Not sure? Just asking do you know when they started the aluminum frames??? Would be kinda interesting to know
    Triple Threat Racing
    2003 Cannondale

2005 Sponsors
    Hiper Technology

DId some research looks like they started using them around 98.
    Triple Threat Racing
    2003 Cannondale

2005 Sponsors
    Hiper Technology

the first dirtbike that cannondale made the the mx400 in 2001 did honda have the alum. frames one the cr and crf then I thought they just started using them in like 02 or 03?? Not sure? Just asking do you know when they started the aluminum frames??? Would be kinda interesting to know
    the cr's have had alum frames for at leaste 5 years now

Sponsors:
    Race Photos:

Your research was correct they started the Alum. frames in 1998. Since then then have only shaped the frame diff. but still alum. Before that they were round steel frames.
    2011 GNCC Sport Class Champion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast