Thread: Keeping the predator cooler?

Keeping the predator cooler?

I have an 05 Troy Lee. It seems like the fan runs all the time. Is there any thing that I can do to help keep it cooler? Do the radiator shrouds help any?
    2005 Troy Lee Predator
    Trail Tech Bars and Clamp, Polaris Hand Guards, Polais Rad. Fins with Engine Ice, DG Bumper,Pro Aluminum A-Arm Plates, Pro Armor Chassis Skid, UM Racing SwingArm Guard, Pro Armor Maxi-Miser Pegs,Tusk Nerf Bars, Kenda Knarley rear tires, Maxxis Razr Front, HMF Slip On

The shrouds will help some. I got the best reults when I used Engine Ice.
    2003 Predator, Hiper rims, Kenda tires, PRM protection, Renthal bars with Spider Grips, Fox TRS w/rezzies, much more to come.

1999 400 EX Hot cams stage , K&N filter, air box modw/outerwears, ,14 T front sprocket, Pro Circuit T-4, Works Triple rate w/o rezz, coustom made skid plate and a-arm gaurds. PRM bumper
    MSN: Braff1@bellsouth.net
    AIM: Braff51
    "QUAD HATERS SUCK"

"Don't make me put this 400 in Reverse to come back there and smack you"

Re: Keeping the predator cooler?

Originally posted by waloud
    I have an 05 Troy Lee. It seems like the fan runs all the time. Is there any thing that I can do to help keep it cooler? Do the radiator shrouds help any?
    try throwing it in the bottom of a lake should stay pretty cool down their thats a good place for all polaris. haha im just playin,i put shrouds on my 400 and it seems to help quit a bit.hope this helps.watter wetter worked good in my mustang radiator maybe try that.
    400 ex 2005
    powermadds
    ac pro peg nerf bars w/heel kicks
    k&n air filter w/outerwear and outwear airbox lid cover
    big gun rev box
    jetted carb
    four riding gear
    ac full skid
    ac swing arm skid
    omf air scoops
    ims bumper

IF YOUR NOT RIDIN RED,YOUR PROBABLY PUSHING polaris

Is engine ice a additive for the coolant? I believed alot of Mustang guys used a product by redline, but I'm not for sure how it would affect the engine. I guess I'll look into some shrouds.
    2005 Troy Lee Predator
    Trail Tech Bars and Clamp, Polaris Hand Guards, Polais Rad. Fins with Engine Ice, DG Bumper,Pro Aluminum A-Arm Plates, Pro Armor Chassis Skid, UM Racing SwingArm Guard, Pro Armor Maxi-Miser Pegs,Tusk Nerf Bars, Kenda Knarley rear tires, Maxxis Razr Front, HMF Slip On

shrouds are for SURE on a Predator! I also run two inline coolers that I picked up off ebay and they seem to help out a little but the engine ice is what I've found to have the best results.
    06 LTR (White):ATP Racing Engines Port and Polish, +1 Ti exhaust valves, JE 14:1 Piston, Hotcams Intake cam, Power Commander, FuelATV intake, Full HMF Ironman series exhaust, Hinson Clutch Basket, Hinson Clutch Plates, Blue Laker Custom Plastics, QuadTech Hump seat, Blue Tag "Railer" skid plate, Fasst Co. flex bars, ASV F3 Pro Clutch perch w/ lever, ASV F3 Brake lever, Precision Steering Stabilizer, Walsh long travel front end, Fox Evol front shocks, Fox Poduim X rear shock w/ DSC, GT Thunder Linkage, Streamline Brake Lines front & rear, Motion Pro clutch cable, Rath Graphics kit, Rath Anti-Vibe Stem, black Rath bumper, black Rath grab bar, black Rath competition nerf bars/heel guards, Hipers with Maxxis Razr MX's or itp bajas all around p/c gloss black, kenda klaws, Lonestar Axcalibur axle, BCS Shift Pin, Blue CV4 hoses, Relocator, updog # backings, srp case saver, lots of powdercoating!!... and a few more things to come!

Thanks to this year's sponsors: Rath Racing, HMF Exhaust, FuelATV, Fly Racing, and Western Power Sports

Engine Ice is a direct replacement of the factory antifreeze. Remember, Water Wetter does not have any antifreeze properties.
    2003 Predator, Hiper rims, Kenda tires, PRM protection, Renthal bars with Spider Grips, Fox TRS w/rezzies, much more to come.

1999 400 EX Hot cams stage , K&N filter, air box modw/outerwears, ,14 T front sprocket, Pro Circuit T-4, Works Triple rate w/o rezz, coustom made skid plate and a-arm gaurds. PRM bumper
    "QUAD HATERS SUCK"

Where can I get engine ice at?
    2005 Troy Lee Predator

Waloud, I live across the river from you but I know you can get it at S&S honda or Finish Line Motorsports in Clarksville, In.

"QUAD HATERS SUCK"

My friend and I both ride 04 preds. Our bikes are very similar, as far as cooling except for the fact that he has the shrouds and one in line cooler. My fan runs all the time and his hardly ever runs. So my suggestion would be to buy the $15 in line cooler and get the $20 shrouds. I already bought the shrouds and will be putting them on today, I should have the cooler by next week.

I went to my dealer today. I ordered the polaris shrouds, engine ice and a UM swingarm plate. I'm hoping that I will have it by this weekend so that I can try it out. Thanks for the help.
    2005 Troy Lee Predator