Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who misses high school?

Who misses high school?

just read the kids post about prom and kinda got me thinking....

I wish like hell I could go back. And at the time I hated every second of it. Did the bare minimum... From hanging out with all your buds and your girl everyday to waking up 5am, working 10 hour days to then come home and work till its time go to bed then hit repeat, child support, bills, baby momma drama, working your nuts off then handing a third of it to the government every friday.

I guess im just saying I knows there kids in high school reading this right now... Take advantage. Dont jack around what you do now will have a HUGE advantage of your near future especially when the economy is this piss poor employers are choosy and your GPA and attendance is looked at. If I woulda ever listened to anything my parents told me I'd be alot better off right now. From 18 to 22 is two different worlds.
    08 ktm250sxf

I miss the parties every weekend, nailin random sluts and drinkin my *** off. Thats what I miss about the high school years. Screw going back to school.
    465 CUB

Originally posted by HondaPohl
    I miss the parties every weekend, nailin random sluts and drinkin my *** off. Thats what I miss about the high school years. Screw going back to school.
    Ditto
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

Id just do it differently if I could re do it.
    08 ktm250sxf

Originally posted by HondaPohl
    That would definitely be what i miss also. Me and a couple buddies used to buy an 18 pack a piece on friday and saturday nights and our night was never over until the beer was gone. We ended up burying one of our best friends, the rest of us are wearing wedding rings and i got plastered on a 6 pack the last time i drank........crazy how fast life changes
    2009 CRF450 Full TI yosh and Remapped

2001 CR250 Single track bike

Originally posted by Jake250ex
    Id just do it differently if I could re do it.
    Thats the biggest lesson the young kids can learn....hopefully more take notice and make things change now instead of looking back like the rest of us dumbasses
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

Time goes by quick. Had I known then what I know now I woulda pushed myself hard and certainly not goofed off as much.

I think I woulda also tried to save more money than I did, not ruin my cars and def done alot of things different.

Hell, I wish I could just go back 5 years. Im 26 now and have pretty much nothing to show for it-really shoulda never slacked off after HS either. Its certainly biting me in the rear now.
    If it's stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid. - Murphy's Law
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP
    -Longtime A.A.D.S. (Accessory Acquisition Disorder Syndrome) sufferer.
    400EX Frequently Asked Questions, CHECK HERE FIRST!

I agree that if I went back I probably would try to do a little better, but I wouldn't be shooting for valedictorian ...Most likely would shoot for decent grades and go to a good college. I probably would have played a sport as well.

I do like just going to work and coming home now though. In high school and college it was a pain going to class everyday and then having a ton of papers and work to do at night.

Its nice just working now and then coming home to do some yardwork or clean the cars. I think a lot of people will agree with this aspect of it.

I think college is great if you're the kind of person who knows what you want to do and are ready to make the most of it. Unfortunately I have a lot of friends who graduated and are still working restaurant jobs or other part time gigs. A bunch of other people I know became teachers and they aren't able to get by on just that so they bartend or waitress in the summers. Times are tough for sure

I hear ya on the tearing up cars thing. My dad bought me a wrecked 87' monte carlo ss for my first car and we spent a year fixing it. it was mint when it was done. the first thing i did was go do donuts in gravel with it

I wish someone woulda kicked me in the nuts. Tore the tranny out of it out screwing around with my buddies and traded it for a mint f150, which i crashed THEN tore the tranny out of.
    08 ktm250sxf

i miss the easier days of no homework and such but i dont regret anything or how i did anything. i didnt party or do any real dumb things to get in trouble.

i wish i would have tried to work a bit harder and get more classes in. when i started highschool i didnt know what i would be doing so i didnt really care. i took the hard classes but never worked that hard at them to get real high grades.

i made honor roll every year and such but never really worked hard at it like i do in college.

steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast