Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JE 416 10.8-1 piston where can i find one?

JE 416 10.8-1 piston where can i find one?

I can't find a 416 piston anywhere, only 440's. I need to do rings bc i puff some smoke when backing off from being up around 8,000rpm and i figured i'll change the piston while i'm at it. It has a 416 JE piston in it now but i bought it like that.

any good websites i can get one from with the rings and gaskets?

I know rockymountainatv.com is good, cheap, and has alot of stuff. you might wanna try that if you haven't already.

C&D racing on here has them in stock most of the time
    JOHN
    New Jersey Devils

2008 YFZ 450...my new money pit

Filthy Revengence Racing

C&D Racing
    B&K Performance

Click here to email me
    AIM Devilsfan12

powroll racing

i think links powroll.com
    02' Silver 440ex
    Full P&P, Edelbrock Doug Eichner 440 carb, Motoworks SR4, Hotcams, Wiseco 11:1, Hotrods...

i would go with C&D too
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."

Aye C&D

Support your sponsors.
    Brandon -O||||O-
    1998 Honda TRX300EX (330)

C&D.............they can get it thermal coated too.
    06 450r

Go with C&D for sure. I would get the piston coated as well. I wish mine was coated now...
    Thanks for the Support: Maier, Moto-Xperts, Rekluse, Teixeira Tech, Fox Racing Shox, BK Performance, DWT, Rath Racing, Quadtech, Streamline Brakes, Precision Racing Products, PowerMadd, Spider Grips, ASV Inventions, IMS Products, CV4, UNI.

i got mine coated along with a lighter ross piston pin
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."

Cals400ex I have some interesting information about coatings for the 400ex. I will post the email and you can read it, I am thinking about having them done this winter...
    From HPC Coatings...

The appearance coating will neither help, nor hinder with the heat problem. It is strictly appearance only. The head is aluminum, which has great thermal conductivity to begin with, so there really isn't anything you can do to improve it. In fact, most people use a thermal barrier coating on the combustion chamber (just like the piston) to keep combustion heat in the cylinder because of the heat losses with aluminum heads. I would recommend that process. Then the heat is contained and routed out the exhaust. I've seen "thermal dispersants" advertised, but I've never seen any hard numbers on their effectiveness, and the companies that advertise them have never been able to give me any either. Talking with our chemists they say all it is, is black paint, and the effectiveness of that is even questionable. I've also never seen any actual test data that shows painting components black helps to shed heat, just all the old wives tales about it.

The cost to coat the piston with both our HPC TBC (thermal barrier coating) and the solid dry film lubricant (S-Series) is $40.00. The valve springs are $4.50 per valve. The cost to coat the valves are $10.00 each for just TBC and $15.00 each for TBC and S-Series. The combustion chamber is $40.00, but the deal is that if we to the chamber the valve faces are free! I would also coat the exhaust port with TBC, which is only $10.00.
    Thanks for the Support: Maier, Moto-Xperts, Rekluse, Teixeira Tech, Fox Racing Shox, BK Performance, DWT, Rath Racing, Quadtech, Streamline Brakes, Precision Racing Products, PowerMadd, Spider Grips, ASV Inventions, IMS Products, CV4, UNI.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast