Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2005 ATVA GNC MX Round #7 - Red Bud "Amateurs"

2005 ATVA GNC MX Round #7 - Red Bud "Amateurs"

Round #7 of the ITP/MOOSE GNC Championship is in the books!
    The weather was a factor in Qualifying but the track conditions were the best we have seen all year long for the main events!
    I dont know what kind of dirt is on the track at Red Bud but man does it hook up when track conditions are at their peak!
    A lot of riders are used to preping their machines for the rain after the last round of muddy conditions! So any new comers would have to learn what it takes to survive the qualifiers at the Nationals!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 11.jpg (45.0 KB, 1159 views)

The fans were waiting for all of the rain to disappear before venturing to the track!
    Sunday was a spectators heaven for racing action as te infields were packed with locals waiting to see some of the best ATV racing in the nation!
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (81.6 KB, 1098 views)

We caught Travis Spader checking out the track conditions on Friday while practice was over!
    Check out the wild luau shirts that SRP is sporting! Spader had his pits set up for a luau with Tiki torches and all but I guess he wouldnt be celebrating anything after his slip up on Saturday (read the Pro report for more info)!
    We still give Spader credit for the appearance on Friday though! It made us feel like we were racing in Hawaii!
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (86.4 KB, 1084 views)

The only sour note on the weekend was the media guys that had taken a fall in the qualifiers!
    Jorge Cuartas (Media All Stars / FMF) and Chaz Rice (ATV SPORT) suffered serious injuries while trying to qualify at Red Bud! Jorge broke his Femur on his good Leg and Chaz Spiral Fractured his lower leg! Both media Guru's never came off their ATv's during the crash! We wish Jorge and Chaz the best of recovery efforts and hope to see them back at the track ASAP!
    • File Type: jpg 16.jpg (54.0 KB, 1066 views)

There were also many many new changes and behind the scenes things going on at the race which had just about everyone wondering what was going to happen by round #8!
    First was the departure of Ray Christy from Gear Racewear and second was the suspension of Points Leader John Natalie!
    I am sure everyone has heard all of the news by now so I wont add to it!
    All I know is Rumors will always have their way of working into the forums and no one knows the final verdicts until official word is given by the proper people!
    All I Know right now is Ray is no longer with Gear and John is appealing his suspension with a hearing this coming Wednesday!
    Best of luck to both of them with the every changing ATV Industry!
    • File Type: jpg 19.jpg (76.2 KB, 1054 views)

We came back from Red Bud with over 2500 photos and 8 hours worth of video!
    Man is that scary when you know you have to weed through all of that footage!
    Also coming back with us was a heck of a head cold that pretty much put me down for 2 days! (Sunday's High was 55 and Damp)!
    I would love to put up all of the great photos that we captured from Red Bud but I can only type so fast!
    We switched to a Canon 20D for Photos and the results were great!(like night and day from the rebel)
    We always shot the 20 for our weddings but we were afraid to get the dust in it from the track and ruin our wedding portraits!
    I broke down and bought another 20D camera just for the races so I believe everyone will appreciate the resulting resolution!

If I missed you in the report here dont worry!
    I might not be able to get everyone in the report but I'll bet I have a photo or 2 of everyone on our web page!

Check it out !
    www.remnsproductions.com

On with the report!

Notice how many jackets and Tabogons!
    • File Type: jpg 26.jpg (90.7 KB, 1045 views)

The Pro Am Unlimited Class featured 2 gates for qualifying on Saturday!
    Josh Upperman dominated the first gate and Rocco Arno did the same in the second!
    That dosent mean there was no passing and action going on!
    The Pro AM classes are always the race to watch at every national!
    These guys have battles that ashure the future Pro Class's will be competitive!
    • File Type: jpg 0.jpg (69.5 KB, 1033 views)

Sundays battle would come down to Rocco Arno and Josh Upperman running for the lead! Upperman had his work cut out for him as Arno would lead the first lap! A small slip up put Upperman out front at mid way for the lead and the win with a 1-1! Arno would go 1-2 for second!
    • File Type: jpg 13.jpg (38.5 KB, 1016 views)

#714 Josh Williams would run in the 4th spot in sundays main to get the 3rd overall with a 3-4 score for the weekend!
    • File Type: jpg 24.jpg (61.9 KB, 1010 views)

#21 Mark Kendall would have a good start in Sunday's main but slipped up a little himself as he dropped back to finish 3rd and grabbing the 4th overall with a score of 6-3!
    Here he leads Upperman on Lap #1!
    • File Type: jpg 15.jpg (70.3 KB, 1005 views)

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast