Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is 180 to big?

Is 180 to big?

I have a T4 slip-on, fmf headpipe, KandN filter, Airbox with holes cut in the lid. I took the bike to a local shop and he put a 180 jet in it and I have not been able to ride it and won't be able to ride it until Memorial Day weekend and I was just wondering if anyone has an opinion if this is to big or not. I live in Oklahoma and I have no idea what elevation i am at here. My bike is a 2002 400ex.
    2004 Yamaha YFZ450
    Houser Aarms/Swingarm
    Custom Axis Long Travel
    Hipers
    Precision Stabilizer
    Fast Flexx Bars
    Ron Wood Full Exhaust

Red 2002 Honda 400 EX
    T4 Exhaust
    K&N Air Filter
    DG Nerfs
    No Lid
    Maxxis Razr 2's
    Works Triple Rates W/ Rezzies
    Denton Stabilizer

OCCRA

I would think that it's going to be way to rich.
    03 400ex. HMF s/o. XR cam. sparks flywheel key. chokeless. pep dampener.AC bumper.PRM skids.Tinner scoops.Arens nerfs.

suggestions

Any suggestions on what I should run it at.
    2004 Yamaha YFZ450
    Houser Aarms/Swingarm
    Custom Axis Long Travel
    Hipers
    Precision Stabilizer
    Fast Flexx Bars
    Ron Wood Full Exhaust

Red 2002 Honda 400 EX
    T4 Exhaust
    K&N Air Filter
    DG Nerfs
    No Lid
    Maxxis Razr 2's
    Denton Stabilizer

OCCRA

Aye, the common concensus is that a 400ex w/ aftermarket pipe, K&N air filter, w/o airbox lid is going to run between a 152 & 158 main jet.

Just do a search for "400ex main jetting". I'd use jet but 4 letter min on search.. lol.
    Brandon -O||||O-
    1998 Honda TRX300EX (330)

Are you going to be at the Little Sahara on Memorial Day? I think I am running a 155/45.

if it runs how u want it to on top end dont mess with it...number dont mean much..just play wiht it untill it runs good...temperature and altiude plays a role too...
    2002 400ex>>>>>>>>>John Deere Green PC Frame,Gussetted, Houser +2,+0, HMF, AC Racing Nerf Bar W/ D.C.R.P Kick-Ups, Wiseco 440, Ported & Polished, Elka Fronts, RPM Dominator Axle, RPM Anit-Fade, PRM Grab Bar & Bumper, UNI Air Filter No Lid Custom Airbox Tabs, Douglas Black Label Beadlocks w/ James Lucky Reinforcing Ring, MSR Raptor Shorty Perch And Lever, Motion Pro Clutch And Throttle Cable, R.A.D. Tapered Bearing Carrier, Tag Bars, O.D.I Lock Clamp Grips, L.S.R. P.B. Block-Off, DID X-Ring Chain, Pro Design Tether, Dirt Bike Starter Button, Removed Choked, YUASA Fire Power battery, Armor Tech Rev Box, Black Maier Race Fronts & Rear Fenders, Streamline Steel Braided Breaklines, Nacs Mud Caps, Mod Quad Breather Tube, Omf Seat Bracket, Moose Aluminum Case Saver, Shock Pros Shock Covers

Great Lakes Quad Series

Sponsors:
    www.artssnowmobileandatv.com
    *Tim Smith Construction
    *Turk's B.B.C. Tap & Grill

I have heard ppl say that some brands of jets are actually different sizes, but 180 sounds way to big. I have a t4, k&n, ported header, full p&p and a 416 kit and I run a 165 and I think I am a little rich.
    99 416ex, sold, gone but never forgotten

02 gsxr 750 Jardine carbon fiber slip on, 1000 titanium header, steel front lines, k&n, 208 GPs, flush mounts

04 450r xc quad

Sponsors: C & P Racing(Morgantown, KY), Fun Valley Motors

sahara

chino886 yes I will be at Little Sahara from saturday morning until monday afternoon, staying in the south campground, pulling a trailer with a big ***** ugly OU Sooner helmet on it, it's a buddies trailer and it is alot better than hauling the bikes on the little trailer I usually use.
    2004 Yamaha YFZ450
    Houser Aarms/Swingarm
    Custom Axis Long Travel
    Hipers
    Precision Stabilizer
    Fast Flexx Bars
    Ron Wood Full Exhaust

Red 2002 Honda 400 EX
    T4 Exhaust
    K&N Air Filter
    DG Nerfs
    No Lid
    Maxxis Razr 2's
    Denton Stabilizer

OCCRA

jetting

The bike starts up alot better with the 180 in it and seems to rev better when just sitting there, is this any indication that the jetting is alright? I know nothing about the carb part of things so if these comments and questions are stupid I apologize in advance.
    2004 Yamaha YFZ450
    Houser Aarms/Swingarm
    Custom Axis Long Travel
    Hipers
    Precision Stabilizer
    Fast Flexx Bars
    Ron Wood Full Exhaust

Red 2002 Honda 400 EX
    T4 Exhaust
    K&N Air Filter
    DG Nerfs
    No Lid
    Maxxis Razr 2's
    Denton Stabilizer

OCCRA

the main has nothing to do with the way it starts. the only way you will know if the 180 is to big is to take it for a ride and check the plug. you're not that far from me and with the stuff in my sig and 4~1" holes in the lid I run a 155 and it works great. I tried a 160 and it was to much.
    03 400ex. HMF s/o. XR cam. sparks flywheel key. chokeless. pep dampener.AC bumper.PRM skids.Tinner scoops.Arens nerfs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast