Thread: Is this a Deal?

Is this a Deal?

I was up at my John Deere dealer today and they also sell polaris and kawasaki. They have a used, 03' Predator with the pure polaris pipe and they want $2899 for it but it needs rear carrier bearings, the front plastic has a crack, and if it was me, i would put a new back shock on it. Is this a deal or am i getting robbed if i buy it. Is this very much of an upgrade from my 400ex? I rode it and it seemed to run great. How is the reliability? What are its weaknesses? I have always been against polaris b/c every one any of my buddies own always seems to break down or something malfunctions. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks,

Justin
    01' 400ex
    Race cut front fenders, K&N Filter with jet kit, Wite Brothers Full system

98' Banshee
    FMF Gold Series Pipes/Silencers, K&N Air filter, .40 over with wiseco pistion, Pro design Airbox Adaptor, Ceet Graphics, Race cut Fenders, Rolling on Holeshots-SOLD

00' Kawasaki Prairie 400 4x4
    25" titan 589 m/t's

MY PICS
    http://community.webshots.com/user/jman8919

tranny just like the 01 raptors
    Raptor man

2002 yamaha raptor 686: wicked prod. +2+1 arms,lonstar +4 axle,lonestar axle carrier,full yosh.exaust,t-9 rims,holeshots,aluminum airbox w/proflow kit,dyno jets,steel braided brake lines,+1burgard steering stem,pro taper bars,teather kill switch,gas tank valve,emergency brake block off,asv clutch/brake lever,nerfs,aluminum shrouds,12.1 high compression piston,w/black widow harden rockers,+1 oversised valves,stage 3 web cams,ported and polished,dg front bumper,pro-armor grab bar,kibble wite valve springs....and lots more to come

2002 honda 400ex: sold & missed

2003 z400: sold and missed

KFX400
    dg front bumper,dg grab bar,pro flow kit,K&N air filter,a few stickers!

2001 400ex: gone and missed

2004 limited edition 450r: gone and missed

IMO there is no way a "dealer" is going to give you a "deal" on anything. Walk away.
    2006 450R
    Rossier Exhaust
    GT Thunder shock set up
    Other goodies

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."--Emerson