Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: trx450 vs. predator 500

trx450 vs. predator 500

which is a better trail quad. and which is quieter when stock

I would say the predator just cause of electric start and they are both fairly loud stock.

I have to disagree. A mouse pissing on cotton is louder than a stock R. When my buddy first got his, I couldn't believe how much quiter than my stock Pred it was. They are both awesome machines. Like Andy said, the E-start is a big bonus while riding trails. Plus the 05 has reverse. His R is 04 and my Pred is 03. We basically only ride trails. Mine is still stock, his has 13t front, filter, pipe, jet. He said the 13t was the best thing he did to it. The same can be said about the Pred. The weight is not an issue. The Pred can easily be flicked around. Basically, it's your choice. Both machines kick *** in my mind. If you want to know more about the Predator, go to www.predatorowners.com. The site is slow, but has anything you might want to know.
    The Golden Rule : Do on to others before they do on to you!

Bone stock 03TLD Predator...for now.

one more thing like i want the truth lik most people say which ever quad they have is better whats the power difference between a 450 and a predator

Originally posted by future 450?
    one more thing like i want the truth lik most people say which ever quad they have is better whats the power difference between a 450 and a predator
    You will ALWAYS get opinions on that question, depends on ALOT.
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

the 05 isint going to have reverse srry thats the 05 400ex
    Raptor man

2002 yamaha raptor 686: wicked prod. +2+1 arms,lonstar +4 axle,lonestar axle carrier,full yosh.exaust,t-9 rims,holeshots,aluminum airbox w/proflow kit,dyno jets,steel braided brake lines,+1burgard steering stem,pro taper bars,teather kill switch,gas tank valve,emergency brake block off,asv clutch/brake lever,nerfs,aluminum shrouds,12.1 high compression piston,w/black widow harden rockers,+1 oversised valves,stage 3 web cams,ported and polished,dg front bumper,pro-armor grab bar,kibble wite valve springs....and lots more to come

2002 honda 400ex: sold & missed

2003 z400: sold and missed

KFX400
    dg front bumper,dg grab bar,pro flow kit,K&N air filter,a few stickers!

2001 400ex: gone and missed

2004 limited edition 450r: gone and missed

Originally posted by raptorman2001
    the 05 isint going to have reverse srry thats the 05 400ex
    Ugh.......I think he was referring to the pred bro.
    Thanks to my 2010 sponsors/supporters:
    CV4
    BNR Motorsports
    GT Thunder
    Spider Grips
    Scott USA
    Powermadd

"I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me"

I personally would buy a new 05' Tld pred tomarrow over a 450R, but thats just me. I like the reverse and electric start. The R is lighter, but the pred comes with alot of things stock that I would have to buy for the R. Which would add weight as well.
    Thanks to my 2010 sponsors/supporters:
    CV4
    BNR Motorsports
    GT Thunder
    Spider Grips
    Scott USA
    Powermadd

"I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me"

I agree ,I really wanted the 450r but for $1000.00less I got a quad that fills my needs and if I want I tweek it with mods I would have had to do to the 450r also.

dont let people tell you a predator is too heavy, or cant be mx'ed or trail rode, check this out, lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    nothing 450

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast