Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just got a 2005 honda 300ex today

just got a 2005 honda 300ex today

is ther any thing i need to watch for in the break in hrs thks

ya dont blow up your engine naw its a honda it wont blow up just take it easy
    250ex dg nerfs, tag x5 bars, cut plastics, relocated ignition and other stuff, extended foot pegs. durablue axle.

thks

KOOL!

where do u live?

anyway I recently got my brand new 04 leftover 250ex that I already put like 100 hours on it! I

congrats on your new ride!
    James

(SOLD)2005 yellow 400ex
    PEP clutch lever with moose perch
    pro taper
    baja 8 inch rims
    PB block off
    Powermadd handguards
    Turf Tamers in back
    kenda klaws in front.
    HMF pipe
    Twin Air airfilter
    Hotcam stage 1
    g-force axle
    13t front 40 tooth rear sprocket.
    PEP shocks with big cans

AIM - honda250ex04

"no one is a virgin, life screws us all".

TOOL

im out of this sport

in il the bike is great you ride alot

Hey, have fun with it! I remember when i got my 300ex brand new, Christmas last year. I rode it all Christmas day long, went through about 4 tanks of gas!

It says in the manual, a few things for break in. Just basically ride it around for the first 20 hours or so, avoiding heavy throttle. A little throttle isn't bad, just don't redline it to the moon. Then, change the oil after those 20 hours. After thats all done, you can give her hell, and let it rip!
    2004 Yellow 300ex
    - HMF Slip on pc/d black chrome, K&N air filter, Dynojet, DG nerfs and bumper, AC grab bar, red shockwears, 21" front and 20" rear Razrs, Works Triples, Burgard +3's, Tusk extended rear hubs, JT 14t front sprocket, Pro Design tether kill switch, Maier 250r hood, N-Style 400ex graphics and seat cover, Renthal CR high handlebars, 50/50 Grips, MSR gripper levers, UM swinger skidplate, Tusk p-brake blockoff...

04 Yellow Honda CB600F4 (599) Street Bike
    D&D polished s/o w/ midpipe, Renthal Ultra-Lows, Frame sliders, K&D signals, Keiti tank pad, and wheel stripes, gettin 55+ MPG!...

98 Dodge Durango 4wd
    - 31x12.5R15 Pro-Comp Mud-Terrains on Mickey Thompson 15x8 Classic II's, Flowmaster dual exhaust, a couple of Pro-Comp Stainless 130w 6" spotlights, Cobra CB, JVC Head Unit, 2 Kicker 10" Subs, Lanzar Heritage amp, SPL Capacitor, Polk Audio 6.5's & 6x9's, and 2 sets of Pioneer 6.5's, All hooked up with Stinger wiring...

91 Maroon Chevy Silverado ext. cab, 2wd, 350 - Gone but not forgotten...

I remember when i first got my 300....errr....when my mom got it. We bought it used, so it didn't need breaking in, but as soon as I got on that thing, I was in love. I couldn't help myself from goin down our road in the top of 5th. You'll enjoy your bike!
    ~2001 Honda 400EX~
    Pro-Circuit T-4 Slip-On Exhaust
    Pro-Armor Nerfs w/Aluminum Heel Guards & Fat Pegs
    Team Alba Inspired Graphic Kit
    25-12.5-10 Super Swamper Tires

There are many different theories to this. After getting it good and warm go at it. Be sure to run it through all the gears, not leaving it a one rpm very long. If it is like most, the dealer probably run the hell out of it before you even bought it. Normally, I consider this a good thing. I like to break my motors in fairly hard, not cutting much slack on them. I warm them up once or twice and then let her rip. Running them fairly hard will insure the rings seat correctly and wear in the fresh hone nicely.

worst town I've ever lived in... Spencer,OH
    Originally posted by ghak99
    There are many different theories to this. After getting it good and warm go at it. Be sure to run it through all the gears, not leaving it a one rpm very long. If it is like most, the dealer probably run the hell out of it before you even bought it. Normally, I consider this a good thing. I like to break my motors in fairly hard, not cutting much slack on them. I warm them up once or twice and then let her rip. Running them fairly hard will insure the rings seat correctly and wear in the fresh hone nicely.
    That's exactly how I broke mine in when new. Ride it like you stole it
    I am now quadless...

I have broke in every motor I have built from small singles to big V8's in this manner with very good results.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast