Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2005 ATVA GNC MX Round #5 - Birchcreek Motorsports Park "Amateur"

2005 ATVA GNC MX Round #5 - Birchcreek Motorsports Park "Amateur"

What a great weekend it was for ATV Racing at Round #5 of the Grand National Championships!
    The weather once again called for clear skies and the temperatures were average The only down point was the night time lows that generated the last of the frost for the winter.
    We left for the track late Thursday Night and tried to calculate the 8 hour drive so that we could get a shot of the sunrise over Lovers Leap! Route 58 provides some of the best mountain trails for the nature loving racers!
    Well so much for leaving on time! Just as we were ready to pull out, I forgot that I needed to finish the taxes and send them in before we left! Either that or no refund! An hour later the taxes were sent accepted and DONE! Whew! So far no Audits! Thank God!

Anyway, we flew down I-79 with A 40 foot fifth wheel at about 90 MPH! SCREAMIN!!!!!!!! Made up a good bit of time but still missed the sunrise by about 20 minutes! Oh well, still got some great pics from Lovers leap!

For more pics of the race and just about every class from the weekend, visit our web site and click through some of the photos from your class and the PRO classes also! We'll be at every National for Photos and video so stop by and check us out!

http://www.remnsproductions.com

The Virginian Valley from Lovers Leap!
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Birch Creek Facility is ran by three Guys, Carl Reynolds , Ken Ferrell and Mark Keen! Each of them know what their job is and they do it great! Carl does more of the administrating duties as the promoter, Ken is the dirt mover and track prep and Mark does just about anything that might need done! The three of them make an awesome team!
    We pulled into the track Friday to find it packed to the entrance gates at 8o A.M.!
    I knew at that time that the event would be big!
    The track was getting watered down with their sprinkler system and I thought I was dreamin cause a girl in a bikini top walked by at the same time!
    SOMEBODY WAKE ME UP I'm DREAMIN!!

That was until I saw Ken Ferrell sitting on the tractor ready to groom some more!
    DREAM OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got parked and unloaded and practice was ready to start! The Pro's went out and one thing I noticed was Suzuki pulling a lot of holeshot practice! The Suzuki crew was up to something or just making sure they had the right gearing! Looked like they had a game plan though!
    Jim Jones (Jeremiah's Dad sure does Glow in that Whit Suzuki Shirt) (Go Head Jim with your bad self)!!!!!!!!!!!

After Pro Practice, Natalie and Lysinger had a game of Bumper cars going on back up to the pits! (Just some friendly fun)!

Some guys were ready for the fast paced laps and lippy jumps heading into Round #5 others were wore out before the 3rd practice!

Ok we'll give this rider the benefit of doubt and blame it on the all night drive he might have had!

Practice was over and all but 1 or 2 made it out without any bodily harm!
    Time for TECH INSPECTION!
    Mark Straubanger and Ray Christy set up for tech. And wouldnt you guess that all the noise would be right in front of our trailer! Oh well for getting some rest from the drive!

The Tech Inspection line was long but went through pretty quick!
    What's nice about the GNC series is that everyone pitches in and makes the necessary checks.........Banger, Ray, Smitty (sometimes), Dave Screws, and a few more always want to help out (even my daughter when she goes)!
    There were a few guys that were at their first national and needed to fix some things before getting the tech sticker though!
    For those of you that had to make changes.......just think of the reason for these guys checking is only to help you out!
    No number plate you might not get scored,,,,,No tight hubs, you might loose a wheel or worse...... No kill you might run someone over...... Too wide,, To bad!!!!!!
    It's for your safety !

The tech line is where all the horse play and trickery goes on ! A father and son have a little fun while waiting in the tech line!

Friday was over and the early morning Saturday sun had everyone ready to go for the weekend!
    My guys were out hanging banners and enjoying the sunny skies!
    I give them credit they were on the ball this weekend! Banners were everywhere!

The fans were out everywhere and Birch Creek also did an excellent job with the local radio spots ! We heard radio commercials on a few different channels over the weekend! I was hesitant to see if the spots would work so I checked around on Sunday and I did see a lot of spectators in the crowd!
    Give it a few more years guys and we;ll start seeing the crowds show up like the outdoors have!
    Rome wasnt built in a year and the more we get year by year I am sure they bring a bunch morre friends and family the next!
    Getting bigger and better!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast