Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best 500cc Utility?

Best 500cc Utility?

I have narrowed the field down to 3. Polaris 500 h.o., Suzuki Vinson 500 (manual shift), and Honda foreman 500. I ride mud, trails, hills, and work. Which of the 3 is the best for these conditions? And is the Suzuki and Polaris as reliable as the honda?
    2002 400Ex
    -WB R-Series full exhaust
    -11:1 Wiesco-Bored Carb-Stg 1 hotcam
    -K&N filter w/outerwear
    -Douglas 190 wheels
    -Kenda Klaws (rear)
    -Bandits (front)
    -WB Graphix kit
    -Renthal bars
    -Outerwears shock covers
    -AC Bumper & AC Nerfs
    -Armadillo swing arm skid & rear rack
    -OMF Air scoops

personally, i would never get a polaris utility. they are heavier and have alot of extra crap on them, my friend has one and its a PAIN to work on. i dont kno about the the sazook or honda, but i know that honda UTEs are some of the most reliable SOBs on the planet. i know a guy with a honda 300, very old and it runs like new. if i had to pick, id get the suzuki because its manual shift. thats not based on performance issues or anything though. cant go wrong with a honda
    JAMES

2004 Black SE YFZ450 Fasst Flexx Bars | Namura High comp. piston | DID heavy duty cam chain | GYTR Kicker| SS brake lines| GYTR pipe & filter | DG fat nerfs | Full skid plates | AC Grab bar | 4 razr 2s on ITP rims| Gibson steering stabilizer | DOXO graphics | Pro Armor bumper | powermadds

2004 Yellow LTZ400 - White bros slip on | uni filter w/ outerwears & no lid | Fly ATV bars | denton steering stabilizer | Klaw Fronts & Knarly Rears | Works Shocks

1972 Kawasaki 100
    1993 Chevy S10 Pickup
    AIM Walls450

Where would the Grizz fit in with the 3 I mentioned?
    2002 400Ex
    -WB R-Series full exhaust
    -11:1 Wiesco-Bored Carb-Stg 1 hotcam
    -K&N filter w/outerwear
    -Douglas 190 wheels
    -Kenda Klaws (rear)
    -Bandits (front)
    -WB Graphix kit
    -Renthal bars
    -Outerwears shock covers
    -AC Bumper & AC Nerfs
    -Armadillo swing arm skid & rear rack
    -OMF Air scoops

The grizz is much stronger than the three you mentioned. I would also say it would be a better mudder as well as a more "sporty" bike.

Out of the three you listed I would go with the 500ho because it has IRS, stronger engine than the other 2, and they are some tough machines. The 500ho hands down will outpower either the Honda or Zuki....no doubt!
    2004 Grizzly with 24" ground clearance

For pictures and videos check out http://www.atvmudmania.com

even though i love honda alot, i would still prefer the suzuki vinson 500, or the king quad 700, they are boht really nice, strong, and dependable quads.

I have a Bombardier Traxxter 500HO. No stopping it. Great utility. Might want to check it out....

I dont have any pics online except for this one...
    2002 Yamaha Raptor 673 Hotcams Stage II - Hi Comp. Piston - Full Exhaust - +4 Axle...

My neibors have a rubicon and the thing is so powerful. They never get stuck. If u do get it, het the newer model with traxlox where u can select 2wd or 4wd.

i have an 03' 500 articat. great 4x4. fully independent suspension is awsome. sazook motor so its reliable. maybe not like the old honda's. but still a great motor plenty of power. just need to make a snorkel for my intake for the belt drive.
    05' Raptor 660R Special Edition
    full GYT-R exhaust
    Dyno jet kit
    GYT-R air filter mod
    AC Pro Peg Nerf bars
    Pro Taper handle bars
    3 1/2" risers
    tag grips
    and more coming

03' Arctic Cat 500i
    K&N air filter
    26" Maxxis Mud Bugs
    Highlifter spring lift kit
    Outlaw clutch kit
    more coming

Originally posted by 300exryder
    I have a Bombardier Traxxter 500HO. No stopping it. Great utility. Might want to check it out....

I dont have any pics online except for this one...
    i was just thinking that, i think the traxter has gears, and outlander has belt, they make the best utes in my opinion, friend of mine has the traxter max 2-up, just awesome.
    ED B.
    '08 f-150 supercrew
    '03 ford exploder

Yep - HI/Low 5 speed electric shifting, AWD, and a winch to get unstuck. I put a 2 inch lift on for a little more clearance. I had a great buy on it so I didn't think twice, and I'm glad I did. It's usually a 50/50 between taking the Bomb. and the Raptor
    2002 Yamaha Raptor 673 Hotcams Stage II - Hi Comp. Piston - Full Exhaust - +4 Axle...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast