Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mods for my 2005 250EX?

Question Mods for my 2005 250EX?

What's available? I see a few exhaust kits that show 2003 as the last year they're made for. As far as I know, there is no difference between a 2003 and a 2005 250EX right?

Anyway... An exhaust would be cool. What do you guys recommend? What kind of power gains do you get?

What other kinds of cool mods/parts are available for my 05s?
    2007 Kawasaki KFX700 - Team Green! x 1 ... V-Twin power
    2005 Honda 250EX - Yellow and black x 2

well i have a white bros pipe on mine and love it..i heard hmf is good so is yoshi and i forgot theirs another, they have axles and they just came out with +2 and +1 aarms for the lil 250ex..i also got a jet kit with filter and no aibox lid you can tell its a bit more peppy but not much..
    08 ltr450 le cherry bomb, uni,Full Duncan exhaust,pro tapper,rock nerfs,motorsport bumper

01 440ex Girlfriends bike , +2+1 a-arms, uni filter, chm slip on,white bros header ac bumper, 440 kit 12:1, hd head studs, nerfs,rad lock nut,westcost carrier,450r carb,stage 2 hot cam, eca break block off, 450r swing arm,450r rear brake set up,tcs revalved rear shock

Thumbs up

Thanks for the reply Ben. I definitely want an exhaust, filter, etc... And I'm looking at the Powroll Big Bore kit too. I'm trying to do a little more research about that though.

Some questions for people with the Big Bore kit: I'm kinda assuming doing that work would void my warranty. Any changes in driveability or reliablity? Does the auto clutch system remain the same as stock? They show a 20-25% increase in horsepower on their site... That would be a pretty decent mod.

get a curtis sparks exhaust.... as for voiding the warranty i relocated my ignition and they said it voided the warranty so anything you do will void the warranty the warranty dosnt cover any thing anyway its a scam to make you buy their quad.... ok now that i got that out of my system..... if you get the powroll kit you can get a bigger carb and a magnum rev box....
    250ex dg nerfs, tag x5 bars, cut plastics, relocated ignition and other stuff, extended foot pegs. durablue axle.

for power get the powroll kit, K&N power kit, magnum revbox, sparks exhaust, and holeshots. for suspension get elka shocks, durablue axle, and hermann racing a-arms and new handlebars, for looks, factory fx graphics, blingstar ironcross bumper, aluminum gas cap i dont know what else you would want... oh wait nerf bars.
    250ex dg nerfs, tag x5 bars, cut plastics, relocated ignition and other stuff, extended foot pegs. durablue axle.

If your looking for at a big bore kit, forget it. Unless your just COMPLETELY obsessed, and cant fit on any other quad I sugest you sell it while its new and buy a 300ex, blaster, or 400ex. Beacause your never going to get very much power out of them, I'm not trying to bash but the truth hurts. There automatic, shaft driven, and just as heavy as any other sport quad. This is just a suggesion.
    2006 White Suzuki LTR450 - Cherry Bomb - SOLD

97' BMW ///M3

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=360918

E-mail - fastandthefurious67(at)msn.com

Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
    If your looking for at a big bore kit, forget it. Unless your just COMPLETELY obsessed, and cant fit on any other quad I sugest you sell it while its new and buy a 300ex, blaster, or 400ex. Beacause your never going to get very much power out of them, I'm not trying to bash but the truth hurts. There automatic, shaft driven, and just as heavy as any other sport quad. This is just a suggesion.
    I know it's not the cool thing to say, but I actually like the fact that they're auto clutch and I can take anyone with me. They're not hard to ride, and I like it that way. I can get wild on it and have fun without things going too far and accidentally killing myself (or whoever is riding it).

I'm not looking to win races, and I actually don't need to go any faster. But it would be kinda neat to squeeze just a little bit more out of mine at some point in the future.

P-Town? So you're from Paducah, right? My ex girlfriend lives there. I've been there a few times.

squeeze more power out of it??? well umm the exhaust only gives u maybe 1hp and the air filter and no lid wont help much either....u may not want to go faster now but if u had at least a 300ex u could always havew the option of getting tons more power out of it.....it will do around 50?? but thats not as fast as others they're great for tooling around and u can always make it funer,faster,smother u name it its better.
    Mike

06 450R

Wanted: +1 steering stem, 1 1/8 bar mount, Pro Armor or Factory 43 nerf bars, under 96 db exhaust system, used set of beadlock rears

Yes, squeeze. Which doesn't mean tons.

Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
    i agree, modding a 250ex is just throwing away money. shaft drive, auto clutch, very small suspension travel, is just a fwe things thats holding it back. if you are just riding it to ahving something to do leave it alone, if you plan on modding it, sell it and pick up something worth modding and will actually show a gain in hp. you can pick up a good 300ex, and it will handle better, rider better and be faster then dumping money into a 250ex.
    current list:
    86 250R tt
    87 250R MX
    04 450R
    99 yamaha wolverine
    400ex
    400ex
    cbr f4i

for alabama and southeast info check out
    www.sequad.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast