Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scuba diving

Scuba diving

went scuba diving down in mexico and had a great time and one of my friends is certified already.
    just wondering if any body is certified for scuba diving, i'm taking the class right now.
    96 Dodge ram1500 ext cab
    5.2L Engine
    Dual exhaust
    deck & 2 10in subs

Quad

02 300ex yellow
    holeshot xcrs
    Renthals/heated grips

SLED
    99 XCR 440

That sounds like a lot of fun.

how much do the classes cost and how long are they for?
    *Sold*

2001 400ex
    Renthal bars.
    DG Krome RCM slip-on
    Maxxis Razr's rear
    Scott Grips
    Ceet Confederate flag seat cover
    Black/red PowerMadd handguards
    AC Full Chassis skid plate
    AC Nerfbars
    DG Kromelite Bumper

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade...
    ...then find somebody whose life has given them vodka... and have a party!
    -- 'tater salad

Marysville, OH Northern Cambria, PA (hometown)
    i've been certified for a few years now... i go about 3 or 4 times a year...

its one of the coolest things on earth to be 80ft down or so and u look over at ur friend and they are snow white and look dead... you can't see light so they look white... you shine ur light on them and they look fine...

another cool thing i've done was we went down about 55ft to this school bus under teh water... we put a big container and filled it up with air... it trapped the air and we could go up under it and inot the container and talk to each other... it was like being in a small cave... a few pumps of air every min or so and u were good to go!

another fun trick is to put a hotdog on ur friends tank... fish will nearly murder him for it haha... they did it to me once not fun!

it cost alot of money... i think it was around 400$ to get ceritified... i don't own my own gear because its so expensive!

just wait till the part of training where they take u down about 20ft and while ur not looking they shut ur air off... u go to take a breath and all the sudden theres nothing! u wanna talk about freaking out... u have to dump ur weight belt and u surface almost immediately... just make sure u blow out or ur lungs will pop like a baloon!
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

yea its like 400 with the class and fins nad u have to read this book.
    96 Dodge ram1500 ext cab
    5.2L Engine
    Dual exhaust
    deck & 2 10in subs

Quad

02 300ex yellow
    holeshot xcrs
    Renthals/heated grips

SLED
    99 XCR 440

Marysville, OH Northern Cambria, PA (hometown)
    did they make u watch the videos where it tells u how to escape a shark bite... talk about funny stuff...

what i got from the video was if u see jaws kiss ur goodbye haha

i learned alot of stuff from it... i never knew it was possible to get water out of ur googles while u are underwater!
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

I have been a diver for about 10 years, Its another world down there. Nice and peaceful. Once you get into it and get a little experience you should try cave diving. That is my favorite, wreck diving and night diving are also really great. If you get into it you should consider buying all your gear except maybe a tank. I prefer to rent tanks so you dont have to deal with getting them inspected and tested. Let someone else take care of that.
    YFZ 450
    Kasea Skyhawk 50

Thanks to my 2008 Sponsors

SPIDER GRIPS, Six Six One, Four ATV Gear, Dubach Racing, Hiper-Technology, IMS Products, CYCRA Racing, ASV

Originally posted by dopeyferree
    If you get into it you should consider buying all your gear except maybe a tank.
    Because wearing somebody elses gear, like mask and fins, just kinda grosses me out. It's like wearing somebody else's underwear, it's just not right.

I went scuba diving in Hawaii, in Turtle Bay. For some reason I had imagine small turtles, so I was rather shocked when a 4ft shell came swimming underneath me.
    Duncan Racing 340PV, +2 A-arms, +4 LSR axle, and a host of other goodies.

Originally posted by dopeyferree
    If you get into it you should consider buying all your gear except maybe a tank. I prefer to rent tanks so you dont have to deal with getting them inspected and tested. Let someone else take care of that.

Tanks are not hard do work with. a $10 visual inspection a year and a $40 hydro every 5 years for steel and aluminium tanks and every 3 years for carbonfiber tanks. i would think that if you go diving more than once or twice a year it would be worth it.
    In loving memory RIP punk#4

'04 400ex, WB E Series slip on. K&n Filter, Dyno Jets

Happieness is like pee'in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth

It looks like alot of fun but id be the dumbass to drop that thing out of my mouth and accidently drink some water
    Randy

Can Am DS450
    - Flexx Bars
    - Hipers
    - Motoworks air filter
    - Rossier Exhaust
    - X-Package Skids
    - A-Arm Guards
    - Razor 2's

Ive been certified for 2 years now i think...ive only went twice and that was in the Grand Camyons and Aruba
    2002 300ex FOR SALE PM ME FOR DETAILS
    T4 Pro Circut Exhaust
    AC Racing Nerf Bars
    AC Racing Wide Grab Bar
    K&N Airfilter
    22x11x9 Holeshot XCT'S
    21x7x10 Slasher fronts
    DG front bumper
    400ex front end
    RAD bearing carrier
    MSR handlebars
    Scott grips