Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: overheating problem need help!

Hybrid View

overheating problem need help!

I am having problems with my 450r overheating! When it gets hot the fan doesn't turn on and the temp light doesn't either! I have tested both of them and the fan motor is ok it runs and the temp light works also. does any one know what the prob could be? and is this the reason why my quad is overheating?

how do you know its overheating? engines get hot you know

I'm wondering the same thing. Whats the initial clue that your bike is over-heating?? My motor runs pretty hot and the fan kicks on every now and then but its never over-heated.
    Chance

2004 Honda TRX450R -- Sold!
    2006 Honda TRX450ER -- Sold!
    2007 Honda TRX450R -- Holz, Fox, Sparks, Hiper...

Just leave it pinned, it will all work out....

Special Thanks to:
    JH Racing
    Action Powersports
    TYRacing
    Honda of Stillwater

Well, my fan never comes on but I run at pretty high speeds most of the time. I only found out it was good when I let it idle for 13-15minutes. And even when it came on it only stayed on for less than 30 seconds. Strange, but I have not had any "overheating" problems nor have I heard of any. What are your symptoms?
    TRX450R...Pulse Charger, 12.25 HH, HotCam S2, KW valves and springs, P&P, UNI filter, airbox outterwears, Woodward fuel screw, Denton stabilizer,ProArmor K/S, Elka Elite longtravel 17" w/dual linkage, Figair airbrushed hood, Holeshot fronts, Razr II's rears, AC Propeg nerfs, +1 1/2 stem, Armidillo skids.
    And a very well modded 03 warrior, engine, suspension, etc

i've seen people have there over heat but it was becuase of the number plate on the front. Wasn't allowing enough air. They took the plate off and it was fine.

It will boil out the overflow when it overheats and spew white smoke. try to get the mud all out of your rad when mud riding.
    TEAM DISTORTION RACING
    05' 450R: HMF, ARENS, ITP, AC, AMSOIL
    Carbon Man Hood - Call Dan (248) 634-0349

well I know it is over heating because the antifreeze is blowing out of the over flow and the temp light didn't turn on and neither did the fan. I do clean the radiator very well after every race. I did have tape over the front bumper but I don't think that would be a problem. I let is idle for a while the yestarday and the fan didn't' come on agian but that be because it wasn't hot enough to come on cause I didn't let it idle for 13-15 min.

when is the last time you changed your gear oil. I think that's what caused mine to overheat. The oil was a little burnt up and the clutch ended up going in a mud GNCC race. There's only a half quart in there and it needs to be changed often. I learned the hard way.
    TEAM DISTORTION RACING
    05' 450R: HMF, ARENS, ITP, AC, AMSOIL
    Carbon Man Hood - Call Dan (248) 634-0349

did you change your antifreeze recently. maybe you put too much in and the excess is blowing out of your overflow. that happened to me with my 520. and it still blows a little out here and there.

I raced 2 gncc's on my gear oil. I did also change my antifreeze also I might have pu to much in. those could be the problem! I will have to change the gear oil and see what happens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast