Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trails near NEWBURGH NY

trails near NEWBURGH NY

i might be moving up to the Newburgh NY area in a couple month and im just currious if there are any trails/tracks in the area. Id think that with as much woodland as there is, there has to be something.........
    -ATV ORF 2 name- PRAY-37

FOR SALE 2000 400ex: nerf bars,AC front bumper, ANSWER bars, brake block off plate, new clutch perch and lever, WB E-series slip on, K&N power kit(165 main with no air box lid), K&N filter(not installed) WB filter with pre-ware,RAZR front tires,RAZOR rears on 10" Douglas Alum., 14T front,38T rear sprocket, tether kill switch, front wheels reversed and more to come... removed choke butterfly, custom GORTEX shock covers, and pre-ware airbox lid. custom made oil cooler scoops, brush guards... , , and 16T and 36T gearing.

FOR SALE
    95 Skidoo Formula SS 670-new part/1" paddle,racing clutch, more..

USED TO OWN :
    95 Kawasaki KX250
    2001 Polaris Sportsman 500 "THE TANK"
    84 KTM 600
    84 Honda XL600R
    84 Honda TRX200 some mods
    87 KX 125 with mods,
    82 RM 250 with mods,
    and 85 CR 500 with mods maxed out

http://photos.yahoo.com/yellow_ho_01
    http://photos.yahoo.com/yellow_ho_01_2
    http://photos.yahoo.com/red_400ex_00

newburgh

hello-

there are a few tracks in/around newburgh. one is called walden. http://www.waldenmx.com/

another may be called diamondback, i think it's a supercross track

as for trails, there's a lot up there if you just ask a local person. one place i know of is MAYBROOK off of I-84.

me and my riding buds have been giving pennsylvania a try, but it's far and it's ROCKY

good luck
    -rossano
    '99 400ex

I'm from Newburgh area. We lost all our "trail riding" places after (9/11). That area by Maybrook is also called MTA. The DEC patrols that with ATV's. Last month they IMPOUNED 50 quads in one weekend. They dont want motorized things there. It was in the newspapers. We also use to ride the N.Y. CITY water pipe lines. Now the DEP police stopped us from doing that. So, if you are not into MX racing then the only thing left is ATV NY at Lembo Lake in Modena. About 20 minutes from Newburgh.
    '02 Walsh/Cannondale 450 stroker
    '04 Walsh/YFZ stroker 488
    We race NEATV-MX, Nationals
    Quad #49

there is also most of the d34 tracks around there
    z400on order ac dirt screen bumper ac pro pegs tag t2s trail tech bar clamps-soon a lsr axel

KX125 pro circuit top triple clamps w/bar mounts,Pro Circuit Platuium pipe, Pro Circuti Shorty silencer, renthal twin walls moto tasinari v force reed cage, one industries graphics, black rear # plates

Newberg

if you go down to warwick you could go to Wickham or cascade lake
    00" 400EX
    Full Big Gun Exhaust 'Race', Dyno jet kit (stage 2), K&N air filter, Blue Maier plastic w/ Front Race cut gas tank cover, Nacs seat cover, AC front bumper (chrome), AC Propeg Nerf bars (Black nets), Renthal 'ATV Racer' Handlebars and ultra light 36 tooth rear sprocket, DG full body skid plates and DG a-arm skids, D.I.D 520 chain, Gunnar kill switch, Raptor Adjustable pull clutch lever and purch, ATV pro grips, (19/6/10 Holeshot MX tires, 18/11/8 Turf Tamers both mounted on Douglas Aluminum .190's,)some polished stuff, Removed snorkel and filter cover.

dawsie

yeah man, we got some tickets at maybrook too, but it was because we were way into the property- past the posted fences. we got tickets, but the cop was cool about not having plates/reg/insurance. the cop said if we stay between the tracks and the fence (posted property line), and legalize the bikes, there would be no problem. it's a lot smaller area without going into the posted land, though
    '99 400ex

Im from Westchester which isn't far from Newburgh and I hear that Mount Beacon is open to riding and its just over the bridge from Newburgh. I haven't been there myself so I couldn't tell you for sure. Also you might want to go to morroneys shop on 300 in newburg. Get off exit 7s on 84 and it will be on your right. They might be able to give you an idea of some places to ride. I've also heard of a place to ride in Wappingers Falls but I don't know much about it yet. Hopefully I will soon.

As for motocross tracks there are 3 in the walden area. Ace, Diamondback and walden playboy (I think those are the names). My friends ride there on wed for the open practice.

If you don't mind the drive there are a few places in PA including jack frost which has 4 tracks and a bunch of trails. Also there is the NJ off road vehicle park in Chattsworth nj

Don

thanks

well, thanks for the info.....
    -ATV ORF 2 name- PRAY-37

FOR SALE 2000 400ex: nerf bars,AC front bumper, ANSWER bars, brake block off plate, new clutch perch and lever, WB E-series slip on, K&N power kit(165 main with no air box lid), K&N filter(not installed) WB filter with pre-ware,RAZR front tires,RAZOR rears on 10" Douglas Alum., 14T front,38T rear sprocket, tether kill switch, front wheels reversed and more to come... removed choke butterfly, custom GORTEX shock covers, and pre-ware airbox lid. custom made oil cooler scoops, brush guards... , , and 16T and 36T gearing.

FOR SALE
    95 Skidoo Formula SS 670-new part/1" paddle,racing clutch, more..

USED TO OWN :
    95 Kawasaki KX250
    2001 Polaris Sportsman 500 "THE TANK"
    84 KTM 600
    84 Honda XL600R
    84 Honda TRX200 some mods
    87 KX 125 with mods,
    82 RM 250 with mods,
    and 85 CR 500 with mods maxed out

http://photos.yahoo.com/yellow_ho_01
    http://photos.yahoo.com/yellow_ho_01_2
    http://photos.yahoo.com/red_400ex_00

Wow its good to see that there are some people from Newburgh here. Im from Newburgh, near Orange Lake. Im just getting my quad in a few months so I will be riding on my friends trails and stuff.

So you guys rode the aqueduct? Man that must be awesome, once upon a time I used to see people riding it. Near Walkill High School, ya know.
    Black on Black Bentley, Big ol Black nine.-50C

We got places to ride now, their not as legal as we expected though
    Black on Black Bentley, Big ol Black nine.-50C

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast