Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 250ex with big bore vs stock blaster?

250ex with big bore vs stock blaster?

would a 250ex with powroll big bore fully loaded with exhaust, air filter, jetting, etc. keep up with a stock or semi moded blaster?

it might take it pretty good but i dont think it will beat it , but it would be close
    DRAGONFIRE RACING
    Z4C
    MY-QUAD-VIDEOS-DOT-COM
    -Lance
    //2008 CRF230L//
    //2007 Black/Red Suzuki Z400// Complete Dune Go'er In the Works
    HMF Exhaust
    Nerfs
    Pro Design Intake
    Pro Taper CR High
    Race Cut Fenders

I dunno man. Probably would. My budddies blaster has a 1.00 over bore, dg full exhaust, 36mm minuki carb, with a pod filter. We drag raced up a small hill at his farm, and i was neck and neck with him, normal shifting though, and when i hit 5th, he pulled away very, very slowly. I bet you would take it pretty good. My 300's motor is all stock. Its got good power, but it took a lot of work, and money thrown into it, to be even with my stock 300, and me wieghing 25 pounds more. Funny thing was, he thinks his top end blew right after he started pulling away (it bogged, and shut clear off, and his kick starter also just f'd up, and wouldn't catch). He has only 1 hour on the rebuild he just got, a week ago. That thing must be junk (i don't know if all blasters are), cause it is never running. He's having an angry call with the guys who rebuilt it though, or so he said.
    2004 Yellow 300ex
    - HMF Slip on pc/d black chrome, K&N air filter, Dynojet, DG nerfs and bumper, AC grab bar, red shockwears, 21" front and 20" rear Razrs, Works Triples, Burgard +3's, Tusk extended rear hubs, JT 14t front sprocket, Pro Design tether kill switch, Maier 250r hood, N-Style 400ex graphics and seat cover, Renthal CR high handlebars, 50/50 Grips, MSR gripper levers, UM swinger skidplate, Tusk p-brake blockoff...

04 Yellow Honda CB600F4 (599) Street Bike
    D&D polished s/o w/ midpipe, Renthal Ultra-Lows, Frame sliders, K&D signals, Keiti tank pad, and wheel stripes, gettin 55+ MPG!...

98 Dodge Durango 4wd
    - 31x12.5R15 Pro-Comp Mud-Terrains on Mickey Thompson 15x8 Classic II's, Flowmaster dual exhaust, a couple of Pro-Comp Stainless 130w 6" spotlights, Cobra CB, JVC Head Unit, 2 Kicker 10" Subs, Lanzar Heritage amp, SPL Capacitor, Polk Audio 6.5's & 6x9's, and 2 sets of Pioneer 6.5's, All hooked up with Stinger wiring...

91 Maroon Chevy Silverado ext. cab, 2wd, 350 - Gone but not forgotten...

blaster

mine runs great all the time
    06 450r 89 lt250r.........<sold 96 300ex

a stock blaster should walk from a 250ex with a big bore...

Originally posted by roostin_dale
    a stock blaster should walk from a 250ex with a big bore...

yeah thats kinda what i was thinking. it would put up a fight but i don't know how good of a one.

Re: blaster

Originally posted by chazekxt
    mine runs great all the time
    My buddies doesn't, don't know why either. He's selling it, and getting a 400ex, as soon as he gets it to run right.

Where in Kansas you from?
    2004 Yellow 300ex
    - HMF Slip on pc/d black chrome, K&N air filter, Dynojet, DG nerfs and bumper, AC grab bar, red shockwears, 21" front and 20" rear Razrs, Works Triples, Burgard +3's, Tusk extended rear hubs, JT 14t front sprocket, Pro Design tether kill switch, Maier 250r hood, N-Style 400ex graphics and seat cover, Renthal CR high handlebars, 50/50 Grips, MSR gripper levers, UM swinger skidplate, Tusk p-brake blockoff...

04 Yellow Honda CB600F4 (599) Street Bike
    D&D polished s/o w/ midpipe, Renthal Ultra-Lows, Frame sliders, K&D signals, Keiti tank pad, and wheel stripes, gettin 55+ MPG!...

98 Dodge Durango 4wd
    - 31x12.5R15 Pro-Comp Mud-Terrains on Mickey Thompson 15x8 Classic II's, Flowmaster dual exhaust, a couple of Pro-Comp Stainless 130w 6" spotlights, Cobra CB, JVC Head Unit, 2 Kicker 10" Subs, Lanzar Heritage amp, SPL Capacitor, Polk Audio 6.5's & 6x9's, and 2 sets of Pioneer 6.5's, All hooked up with Stinger wiring...

91 Maroon Chevy Silverado ext. cab, 2wd, 350 - Gone but not forgotten...

blaster

burlington
    06 450r 89 lt250r.........<sold 96 300ex

Originally posted by drifterx
    I dunno man. Probably would. My budddies blaster has a 1.00 over bore, dg full exhaust, 36mm minuki carb, with a pod filter. We drag raced up a small hill at his farm, and i was neck and neck with him, normal shifting though, and when i hit 5th, he pulled away very, very slowly. I bet you would take it pretty good. My 300's motor is all stock. Its got good power, but it took a lot of work, and money thrown into it, to be even with my stock 300, and me wieghing 25 pounds more. Funny thing was, he thinks his top end blew right after he started pulling away (it bogged, and shut clear off, and his kick starter also just f'd up, and wouldn't catch). He has only 1 hour on the rebuild he just got, a week ago. That thing must be junk (i don't know if all blasters are), cause it is never running. He's having an angry call with the guys who rebuilt it though, or so he said.
    the kid who owned the blaster did not have his engine modified enough to run a 36mm carb right. about the top end problem ... with only 1 hour on it im pretty sure he did not work in the engine right an the rings on the piston did not set properly and he f'ed up how it performed.
    2001 blaster

never in ur life
    05 yfz- WHitE HammEr
    05 shee- my bros
    05 blaster Play bike

Aim: Mehmeti MX
    ...Yamaha...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast