Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: why honda, why?

why honda, why?

im sure this has been posted and reposted but i just wanted to say that i am thoroughly dissatisfied with the fact that the 450R uses a kickstart.

unfortunately, yamaha had the right idea with the electric start which is easily changed over to kickstart if needed. this way, all rec. riders can buy it and leave it alone - the racers can sell the starter and buy the cheaper kickstart lever or kit.

they could have at least made it an option. i know it may seem trivial but its one of the biggest reasons that i will probably stick with my 400ex or possibly purchase a z400. the 450r seems to be a better xc or trail quad than racer anyway (or at least the yfz is more popular for mx and racing in general).

zach

reliability!

That and they dont want their riders to have any right leg flab

Quit being a Puss. They are easy to start. I can start mine while sitting down. People are so freakin lazy. To each his own I guess, but the kickstart excuse is getting old.
    A Honda

they put a kick on it to loose weight...the battry and wires weight alot so kick is alot light...also its alot less to go wrong...i like the idea of a kick
    NEATV-MX #51.
    06 Walsh/LSR/Axis 450R - Gone
    07 Walsh/JB/PEP 450R - Gone
    07 Gibson/JB/PEP 450R - Gone

kick-starters are for real men, maybe you should look into a barbie jeep??? they are fully auto.
    KX450F, TRX450ER, KFX50, XR50, DS90X

Quit being a Puss.

I was wondering if I could convert my EX to a kick, I have no need for the battery and I have no problem with a kick.

zlam27, you have electric start on your snow machine, I know I don't...never had a problem.
    2006 450R
    Rossier Exhaust
    GT Thunder shock set up
    Other goodies

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."--Emerson

Ouch....

But they are all right...............electric start and reverse is for girly quads.
    "If you can't go fast...look good going slow"

I agree completely, they should have made options both ways.

Me personally, I'm a big fan of electric start. Don't get me wrong, I like my 250r, and I'll trade performance for electric start any day. But if the performance is there, I would much rather have electric start, it's just so handy. If I ever buy a new 450, it will be the YFZ, and electric start is the main reason.
    Duncan Racing 340PV, +2 A-arms, +4 LSR axle, and a host of other goodies.

i would suggest kotex double wings, sounds like you need alot of absorbency power.........
    KX450F, TRX450ER, KFX50, XR50, DS90X

Electric start may be for "pusses" but some people do more than just ride on a track. Alot of people trail ride like me. Everytime i ride behind my house there is this kid wit a blaster and i laugh because i always see him getting off and pushing it and all that stuff.
    2003 KFX 400
    1969 GTO Judge (396)
    2006 C6 ZO6
    2003 sl 500 (daily driver)
    1987 Buick Grand National

"Having a 9 second honda is like coming out of the closet. You might surprise people in the beginning, but in the end, you're still gay."

Democrats are like the Sierra Club, Always huggin trees!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast