Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 300ex setup

Question 300ex setup

Hey guyz im kind of new to this i just got my 300ex last year. i usually ride with my friend who has a blaster but now he is movin up to a 400ex. Now instead of leading ill b following so i was just wondering what i should get to make mine keep up or run with his, i was thinking of a yahumuaria pipe and the quadworks power kit if you guyz think of anything else let me know. Thanks for any replies.

330 or 350 kit, it'll run with, and beat a stock 400ex. Get an exhaust too.

If you really want to go faster, get new shocks. It won't be faster in drags and such, but you'll be able to ride trails and track a crap load faster.
    2004 Yellow 300ex
    - HMF Slip on pc/d black chrome, K&N air filter, Dynojet, DG nerfs and bumper, AC grab bar, red shockwears, 21" front and 20" rear Razrs, Works Triples, Burgard +3's, Tusk extended rear hubs, JT 14t front sprocket, Pro Design tether kill switch, Maier 250r hood, N-Style 400ex graphics and seat cover, Renthal CR high handlebars, 50/50 Grips, MSR gripper levers, UM swinger skidplate, Tusk p-brake blockoff...

04 Yellow Honda CB600F4 (599) Street Bike
    D&D polished s/o w/ midpipe, Renthal Ultra-Lows, Frame sliders, K&D signals, Keiti tank pad, and wheel stripes, gettin 55+ MPG!...

98 Dodge Durango 4wd
    - 31x12.5R15 Pro-Comp Mud-Terrains on Mickey Thompson 15x8 Classic II's, Flowmaster dual exhaust, a couple of Pro-Comp Stainless 130w 6" spotlights, Cobra CB, JVC Head Unit, 2 Kicker 10" Subs, Lanzar Heritage amp, SPL Capacitor, Polk Audio 6.5's & 6x9's, and 2 sets of Pioneer 6.5's, All hooked up with Stinger wiring...

91 Maroon Chevy Silverado ext. cab, 2wd, 350 - Gone but not forgotten...

keep it stock, its all about the rider unles your drag racing, then you'll really have something to make fun of him with when your stock 300ex is keeping up with his 400ex,lol
    Planning a comeback...

If you want more power, I'd start with a Curtis Sparks X-4 exhaust, a K&N filter, and a good 400EX carb. Depending on what type of riding you do most, plus the type of tires you run, I'd say redo your gearing. That'll help out with power on flat ground.

If you're wanting to do better offroad, I'd start with a good set of shocks. If you have the money for it, a new axle and a-arms. Better brake rotors and pads can also come in handy.

This is getting into considerably more money than a pipe, but here's what I'd do if I was in your place and had some extra money.

I'd say if you're riding woods, I'd start with a set of +1 or +2 Burgard a-arms, a set of Elkas with rezzies(Works shocks would work fine, and cost considerably less), and prolly a Lonestar axle. For Tires, use a 20 inch tire out back with a set of 21 or 22 inch up front. I'd prolly use ITP Holeshot XCR's. I'd say best gearing for this would prolly be to put a 36 tooth front sprocket on.

If you're wanting more of an MX setup, basically the same thing as before, but a set of +3 arms, and maybe an extended swingarm. For tires I use the Holeshot MXR4's, 18 inch on back, and 19 inch on front. Using a 34 tooth rear sprocket helps, but I also slide on a 14 tooth on the front.

Now the a-arms if they are plus two does that mean two on each side or 2 total inches and was thinking about the holeshot h-d but are those out of the question? and where should i get the burguard a arms from.

+2 on each side for a total of +4, and for the burgard purchase location, check out c&d, heard nothing but good things

I'd stay away from the HD's on a quad as small as a 300. They're a pretty hefty tire. And unless you're going to be doing some hardcore XC or woods riding, they might be just a bit of overkill. But trust me, the Holeshot XCR's are a good tire for trails. Mine had a set when I bought it, and they were really good tires. I just don't ride XC or woods, so the MXR4's were my tire of choice.

I'd say best gearing for this would prolly be to put a 36 tooth front sprocket on.

wow, maybe ill change mine, im running the 13 on front now.
    ED B.
    '08 f-150 supercrew
    '03 ford exploder

Lol, sorry about that. I haven't slept much lately, so I'm wore the frigg out. Plus I managed to break a wrench and get it stuck through my arm, so I'm kinda light headed today.

First thing I'd do is get rid of the stock headpipe. It's way too restrictive. Those HD holeshots are heavy. I like the radials that come stock on the 400ex for trails. I have stock 400ex A-arms on my 250X. They widen it out a good bit and they're cheap.
    05' BBR Super Pro, street legal, CRF50. Nothing stock but the cases.
    1994 TRX90
    1983 ATC70
    1985 ATC70
    1983 ATC200X- For sale, a set of plastics away from being mint. Still have the stock tool kit.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast