Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: proving someone wrong

proving someone wrong

hey, i am still looking for a cannondale after i sell my 400ex, but thats not why i am posting this, my dad doesn't want me to get a cannondale because he thinks they are unreliable, pieces of crap, i am trying to prove him wrong, i no i am right, but he wont believe me, so i would like everyone who has owned one and does still own one to say how good they are, and why they like them, to reply to this, so i can print it off and show this to him

thanks
    2002 honda 400ex
    pro taper bars, dg nerfs and bumper, itp rims, razr tires, moose skids,
    JE 416 kit, hotcam stg. 2, hmf slip on, k&n filter, OMF scoops, dyno jet kit, magnum revlimiter/.....sold

Well I have owned 3 Cannondales and I can say I have been nothing, but happy with my decision. They are quirky, but unique. I raced one recently in the Georgia 6hr event where it finished in 3rd overall and had no issues all day. I also raced one last season in Dist 6 Harescrambles and other than a bad battery I had no problems. So I would say have fun!
    C&D Racing the place to get your parts. Just ask Dusty she can get anything.

I have two at the time and have not had any real issues pertaining to either I love my quads. If you are willing to put the time in to do the proper maintenance on them they can be great quads!
    88 Zilla gotta love the old twosmokes!!!
    06 Quadracer **For Sale**
    07 Grizzly 700 FI with powersteering!!!

06 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab

http://www.thequadbuilder.com

Godspeed #4 keep a watch over us there little buddy!

mine has been an excellent machine they have some inherit problems but with a little time and maintenance and the proper updates you can have a very reliable machine. The people that say they are unreliable machines have probably heard it from someone else that doesnt know the real issues. They have had some problems but with all the fixes from atk and other aftermarket companies they are 99.9% reliable I have no other updates one mine besides factory stud update and motor mount it has a hard race season on it. Fixing to have another hard season on it I have never had any dnf's I change the oils every 2 races and I ride it. Buy a cannondale and a d&m kit to change map and do diagnostics and spend some money putting a stud update and motor mount on it if it doesnt have it already and if you have the money take the crank out and send it to timbomoose and have him balance and update with a z400 rod bearing and you will not have any issues. Any machine is only as good as the maintenance it gets.
    Triple Threat Racing
    2003 Cannondale
    Can't beat American Quality!

2005 Sponsors
    Hiper Technology

I bought an 02 Blaze from Jeff@thequadshop. It has 2 full GNCC race seasons on (maybe more) and Some Mid-Souths. The motor is completly original and it runs awsome. Awsome handling, suspension, and the motor down right rips. I have no regrets about buying a C-Dale.
    02 Quadshop Blaze
    HMF, Elka, PRM, and a huge Hi-Flight seat!

thanks guys... this should prolly be enough, but if u wanna put more then great... i was gonna get a cannibal last year, but i was talked out of it by a couple of people... and now i am regretting getting my 400ex and wish i would have got the cannibal... so that is what i am gonna do... thanks again!
    2002 honda 400ex
    JE 416 kit, hotcam stg. 2, hmf slip on, k&n filter, OMF scoops, dyno jet kit, magnum revlimiter/.....sold

I would go as far as to say with all the updates the 02 cannondales are more reliable than the 05 trx450r's.

I have had my 02 cannibal for almost a year now (liek 10 months) in that 10 months I have put about 100 hrs on it and have changed the oil 13 times. I have never had any problems, I Ride it wash it and put it up. I am currently moving my fuel pump, my fuel pressure regulator and a relay that goes beside the battery to clean up in front of the motor.
    '02 Cannondale Moto
    Custom Axis up front
    Rebuilt rear to match
    Timbo Stroker with port/polish
    Canniboomer Airbox mod
    250r conversion
    For Sale - $5000 with conversion $4500 without

Who bought your 400EX and who is paying the difference that the C-Dale will cost?

Maybe your dad just dont think your ready for a C-dale. The C-Dale is a whole different animal that a stock 400EX

Comming on hear trying to prove your dad wrong isnt going to work for you. And it might piss him off. (one of those Dad dont know chit and son knows everything cases)

Or maybe your dad doesnt want you to get a C-Dale because of the bankrupt issues of the past.
    2001 400EX

actually i bought the 400ex and i bought my new pistons and rings and all the aftermarket stuff below, i saved up my money and bought it, and the only reason he didn't want me to get a cannondale is because he heard from guys at his work and my uncle that they were really bad fourwheelers, and most of them don't even ride fourwheelers, and he just would rather me get a honda over any other brand because that is all we have ever had before.... i am just gonna see how this goes and see if i can persuade him otherwise.
    2002 honda 400ex

Well good luck

I know you got your heart set on a C-Dale, but a TRX450R is a nice quad too plus your dad likes honda
    2001 400EX

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast