Thread: 300ex power?

300ex power?

I got a 300ex, 1996 with just a K&N on it.....the rest is stock..
    My question is simple i think, but i have had this bike since it was a year old and it has been awesome, but now that it is almost 10 years old, i think it does not have as much power as before...
    So, should i assume its tired, or could i put a pipe on it, and jet it, then get some life out of it.........is there something i could do to the engine, like a jet kit or something else to make it more like it was when it was newer.........it is my wifes bike now, so i really just want it to be strong, like it was...........it still is dependable as hell, but seems weaker....
    thoughts anyone?????
    thanks .

Maybe it just seems weaker compared to what your driving now? Or time may be starting to catch up with it!
    2002 300EX

well..........i do ride a much faster bike, banshee.......i know, i am a trader........hehee.........but i really think the bike is slower........................it does not smoke at all, and starts first time everytime.........runs perfect except slower.........but maybe you right, maybe i am used to real power..........heehee

thanks

maybe a fresh rebuild such as piston and rings to liven it up a lil'bit.im sure your rockers could be worn as well with it being kinda long in the tooth..

but maybe you right, maybe i am used to real power..........heehee

well real power is only in the "H" lol just kidding yamaha is good... i would pipe it and rejet i had mine for along time i thought it was the same way...but i had just been riding it so many years that it seemed that away ...i done some mods now its zoom zoom ...

You could livin it up a little bit by putting in a wiseco 11.1 piston and a stage 1 web cam. It will wake it up a lot, but it will also keep it very reliable. I would also suggest a pipe, and that if you do put in a wiseco, to bore it like .20 over just to freshen up the cylinder wall.
    89 MX 250r- Sold... quadless....

2001 Silverado 2500HD- 33's, duals, intake, ect...

i'd say it dosent feel as fast because your used to it by now, and because its so old.

rebuild the top end with a higher comp. piston (11:1 is still pump gas) get a good cam, porting if you have the money and a pipe. it will be a whole different machine then
    Planning a comeback...